Can UTIs crate puss in urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been getting UTIs since I was 8-10 years old and I am now 19, every time I visit my GP they say the same thing it's an uti and they always give me the same 3 day course of anti biotics but within 1 months I'll show symptoms again, but recently I've had another symptom with having some kinda creamy/grainy stuff coming out my pee hole near the end of my pee and I have to push it out usually. So my question is can UTIS cause puss to come out your pee hole?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

3 days is not long enough if you get repeat infections so quickly. You may need a different antibiotic as well.    Are you sure the "pus" is coming from your "pee hole" or your vagina?   If it really is coming from your urethra you must go back to your doctor ASAP.       If its your vagina its probably only a sign of ovulation.

• Posted

Holly, I am so sorry to read about your situation. I would have to agree with Marina Dee that a 3 day course of treatment is never long enough to cure any infection. I am not personally familiar with pus coming out of the urethra as you are describing, but that sounds like more than a simple UTI.  Has the pus happened more than once? Have you told your GP about it?  If so, and he is not doing anything else, sounds like it may be time to get a second opinion--perhaps see a Urologist?
  • Posted

Cherie is absolutely right. If you have been getting UTIs since you were 8-10 and you have pus coming from your urethra,something is definitely not right. Possibly the start of a kidney infection or it may be you are retaining some urine, and it is constantly infected. You need to see your doctor and be referred to and have investigations started by a urologist. I'm guessing you are in UK as you say "GP".     

• Posted

Update

i dont think its puss, it has a grainy feeling to it i noticed, i dont know if i've had it before because i only noticed when i actually checked my urine one day when i felt like something thicker than pee was exiting me for a few days and i thought it was stones but i just saw some yellow thick stubstance in it

• Posted

If it really feels grainy,like fine sand then it could be the start of bladder or kidney stones,which in turn can cause infection.    You should go back to your doctor and tell him what you are experiencing.
    • Posted

Marina Dee-- FYI-- I am in the US (midwest) and we call our primary care physicians "GP's" here. It means General Practitioner.  In some places they may be called Internists, I suppose--same thing. And depending on the kind of insurance plan Holly 59930 has, she may or may not need to get a referral to a urologist. Honestly it seems to me that her own doctor has beenso remiss all this time in the minimal way he has treated her infections, if I were her, I'd just get a second opinion from a different GP, or go straight to a urologist if I didn't need a  referral.

• Posted

Hi I don't have any health insurance since it's not a huge thing we have here because we have the NHS but they do kinda avoid giving extra treatment and tests unless total obvious they need one, I have an appointment so see my doctor soon and I think if I tell him I have something other than pee coming out of me she or he will feel I need to be referred to urologist, I think I might even mention this myself and ask to be seen by one

• Posted

Thats interesting Cherie.  So in both countries the term GP means the same but in UK the GP would be the family doctor and every consultant referral has to be via this person. We cant refer ourselves to a consultant. I do agree that Holly has not received the best of care,especially as this has been going on since age 8.  Any child of that age in UK having UTIs would be referred to a paediatrician. 
    • Posted

Well,Holly I certainly think you would be wise to get this investigated . You are only 19 and if anything is going wrong it needs to be sorted out before you are much older. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.