Can withdrawal last a while.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been off prozac now for 41 days after having mild depression, I was going through a rough patch but thankfully that is behind me. The prozac gave me awful muscle and join pain and I am still going through it to this day. Can I still be withdrawing after this amount of time? I was only on them for 3/4 months. Has anyone has a similar side effect of constant muscle pain on prozac and what was their expereience from it? Did it go when the drug was stopped? Any help or advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Passey:  I've also been in a long period of withdrawal, and have been wondering the same thing. They say that prozac has a long "half life" meaning it stays in the system for a long time. I just don't know how long, and if it matters how long a person has been taking the medication. I have days when I feel pretty good and think it's out of my system, and days where I have some weird physical sensations that I can't explain. Digestive problems seem to be dogging me especially. Mentally and emotionally, I'm okay, but I live in dread of the first signs of depression or anxiety. Any time my heart skips a beat, I think "this is it!". Does that happen with you? Sorry that I'm talking mostly about me here, but maybe you can relate.

• Posted

I have heard it can stay in your system for a while, every person is different. Yes it does happen to me so don't worry your are not alone. I am use to it now and I understand I am going through withdrawal, my body needs time to adjust. It will make you think you are going back to your old ways but trust me with time you will get their. Can I ask if you have gone through physical pain such as muscle and joint pain from prozac? It really is a killer for me right now.

• Posted

I'd have to say my biggest issues are digestive, although that could just be an unrealated problem I have (yippee!). Sometimes I get this "breathless" feeling, as though I've just run up a flight of stairs, and I'll break out in a sweat. Don't like that at all. Every now and then, I think I'm coming down with something like the flu - I feel achy and tired, and have a sore throat - but it just goes away. It's hard to tell what's what in terms of withdrawal symptoms, and I wonder if there's just too much navel gazing, and temperature taking going on. I keep thinking I should just get out and do some moving, breathe the fresh air - live a little. Soon, I hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.