Can you walk longer than 8-12 hours without having pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered for PF for 2 years now and I am beginning to start my career as a Nurse. As of now, I am currently looking for jobs. I am just very scared that the LONG standing and walking will kill me SOON! 

I love Nursing and it is my passion. BUT..... The walking and standing for long hours really scares me. I don't think my body can handle it the pain. It makes me depress sometimes sad I cry thinking about this...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All I would say is try a non standing or walking type of job.

Perhaps health screening or pre op checks.

8 hours will just make it worse.

• Posted

Thank you. I will try to find a Nursing job that does not consists of 8 hours standing.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of your anxiety, I am in exactly the same boat, writing about my next job as I am out of work. Time is the only solution in my opinion.
    • Posted

Sorry I meant worrying not writing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.