candesartan cilexetil

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi anyone been on these tablets just been prescibed them for high BP as this is now the third presciption other two were no good for side effects I really am dreading taking these for fear of more unwanted side effects any one got any feed back on these good news would be great ,surely   there must been something that doesn't give you bad side effects

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

I take Losartan which is an angio tensin II receptor and presume itis  the same family as Candesartan. The cilexetil part is not familiar to me. Are you in the UK? Anyway have been on Losartan for 18 months and no side effects.
    • Posted

Hi Jane yes I'm in uk thanks for telling me you have no side effects very reassuring gives me hope
  • Posted

I'm on 50 mgs of Losartan ,prior I was on 100 mgs  but this was far to strong ,felt like I could sink to the floor ,so on the 50 mgs,not to happy  but I stay with these .i do take Beetroot juice like you would do a med ,not every day ,but I keep this going .thats good for BP ,along with celery another good thing for your BP .

Losatan I've been on 18 months ,i can get acid reflux from Losartan. But I'll put up with that Ann ,prior to Losartan I was on Ramapril ,that was a no go tab,gave me a cough .Think it's what you can take that's fine for you  trial and effort Im afraid Ann .Whats okay for one ,don't work same for another. How it goes. That's the same for any med .

What I do find puzzling is after a while on one  you suddenly get side affects ,all change again .Mystery to me that is .Blood changes one answer I was given ? 

• Posted

Thanks for that info Marlene last ones I was on gave me a terrible cough didn't have a decent night sleep for a month because of it only starting to settle down now stopped taking them 10 days ago been putting off taking these ones but bp up so starting them tomorrow didn't know about beetroot juice will give it a try thanks again for taking tome out to reply appreciate it
    • Posted

That's fine Ann,just get BP down main thing ,some of us are just prone to it being high ,it's a family gene thing ,even if you take care of your health best you can.If your in UK you can buy beetroot juice from Asda it's Organic ,not expensive ,Health food shops you pay 3 times the cost  for exact same beetroot juice ,so that's a rip off.Shame on them .

Hope you get back and tell us how your doing .

• Posted

Hi Ann

I have been on Candesartan for 5 yrs or more never had any side effetcs. My GP did change my meds a cople of years ago as he said they would be better for me not sure why but within days I had joint pains so told them to change me back or I wouldnt take anything. Since then all ok.

Hope you are ok as well.

Sandra

• Posted

Thankyou Sandra I'm starting them tomorrow your message has lifted my spirits as I too had bad joint pain on other tablets and bad headaches I hope these work for me much appreciated you replying

• Posted

I have been on candesartan cilexetil for about 5 years now, probably longer , after trying five others which all made me feel dreadful. Touch wood , this has been the one without  side effects though the dose starts low and works up. I am now on 12 mgs daily , which I take at night.

Dry mouth is the only annoying one for me. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank's for replying Jenny this is my 4th presription and I am so nervous of taking tablet's because of side effect's  it's so nice to hear about  a med that might not make me feel bad Istart them today so finger's crossed. I will post my finding's in a cople of week's really hope these work for me as I'm starting to feel like a quinea pig and dread doctor's appointments
    • Posted

hi Jenny is there any reason why you take your's at night. Ive been on these a week now so far so good get the dry mouth but also having crazy dreams also back aches a lot which i didn't have and can't think of a reason for it
  • Posted

I know exactly what you mean as they mostly say, see you in three months time, but come back if you are not getting on with them. Worse still the medical world does not seem to study these medications in depth and never mind if the poor recipient goes through it as long as the BP comes down! I truly felt better and had no idea anything was wrong  before I was put on the wretched things. I stuck most of them for the first month with no sleep, harsh coughs etc, but amlopodine, which I named the drug from Hell lasted ten days before I went back and demande to come off it. Then had a fortnight to get it all out of my system before starting candesartan. I believe this to cost more than the others so maybe why that is left almost to the last. Beware of Bendroflumethide as well ,as though it brought my BP right down it damaged my kidneys! It helps if you are on friendly terms with your GP too!.

Jenny

• Posted

I am already on Bendroflumethide been on it for 4 years was given that because  they said i had high BP. Seems that wasn't keeping it down anymore however doc told me to continue on that as well as new tablet bit concerned now after reading your post. Sad to say I don't alway's trust doctor's I'll be asking when I go back if I need to stay on that

. Ann

• Posted

Hi Ann ,I  have had bad side effects from anbout 7 medications ,,, now im on Candesartan and am having muscle pains with it ! If i stop it my bp goes up and if i take it i feel bad ! I do hope you manage to find one without side effects ,, please tell me if you do ,good luck
    • Posted

Don't think one exists I stopped taking anything for bp just altered my diet a bit and more walking bought my own bp monitor and bp not bad at all, good luck in finding something that works with out side effects

• Posted

I think you are right Ann ,think its hit or miss with them and doctors will not believe that some cannot tolerate any ! Unfortunately i now think my b/p is up more than down so the naturel approach will not work , so really have no clue as to what to do !
    • Posted

To be honest Gwen I think as soon as your 60 the doctors put you on bp meds and cholesterol meds which by the way made me feel 90 my sister in law in Australia told me the tablets I was on had been banned in Australia when I told my gp this he said well don't take them it's up to you from that day I stopped the tablets and stopped going to the hypertension clinic felt loads better within a week. I only go to the doctors now when I feel poorly. I'm not saying you should do this but they had me paranoid about my bp which in turn was stressful and making my bp high I bought a machine and now check my own I feel a lot calmer about bp now and don't worry about it. Anyway I wish you good luck and good health. I'm 62 how old are you if you don't mind me asking and what is your bp

• Posted

Thanks for this Ann , i am 69 now and  was told that i would have a stroke if i did not get my bp down ,Up to that time i thought it was not bad ,, but that day it was 210 over 90 , so since then i have been trying different medications ,all of which have made me ill ! Yes you are right everyone over 60 is given statins as well , i have had problems with them as well ,Interesting that the one you were taking was banned in Australia , I also heard of one being banned in Holland ! I do have a machine and the tablets bring it down but i have no life ! I do have fibromyalgia and i think it can cause a chemical imbalance in certain people but of course it is not a well known condition in mainstreem medicine ! so it is alll my fault now as the side effects cannot be so bad ?// I was sent to have a renal artery scan to see if it was stenosed as this can be a cause of intolerance , it was normal ,pity as now its back to square one ! I do envy you being able to do what you did ,i just wish i could but i think it will be too high wihout anything ! at the moment i dread every day ! take care

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel I also have fibromyalgia and the tablets escalates the pain , my 2 sisters also have it. I have found over the years that certain foods make it worse so I have been working out what I should and shouldn't eat and it has helped a couple of years ago I thought I would end up in a wheel chair but I'm loads better now. I wish you well.regards Ann

• Posted

That is so interesting Ann ,I now live in a retirement flat and no one else here has ever heard of it so i feel a bit isoated ,, yes the tablets do make it worse , but if i mention it to the doctors they pay no attention ,i have had it a long time but did not consider it bad enough to worry about , I moved from Scotland to be near my family and it all got worse so perhaps the stress did not help ! you are right about food , i am glad you are so much better , sometimes now i think i will end up in a wheelchair ! it is nice to get some feedback from someone who understands , i will let you know if things get any better ,,best wishes ,Gwen

• Posted

I'm happy to chat with you Gwen any time , I also found stressful times make fibromyalgia worse the only painkillers I take are paracetamol as I cant take antiinflammatory as they upset my stomach I don't eat nuts ,acidic fruit , anything in vinegar don't use salt , the only cereal I can eat is porridge it all helps I don't smoke but I like a drink now and then usually lager or red wine not white wine that kills my joints I hope this is useful to you ,it's hard giving up food you like but I found it really helps , take care and good luck . Ann

• Posted

Thank you Ann,i would like that ,yes stress is no good for it as i have found ! I take paracetamol as well but they ar e not a lot of help ,I do eat some acidic fruit tho so maybe i should change that ! I have never smoked but i sometimes think i should start now !!!!! I only drink a glass of wine if i manage to go out for a meal ,,,,, my social life at the moment is nil ! I usually drink white not red but maybe i should have red  !! it does all help , There is a lovely 89yr old lady living near me and she is very fit apart from deafness , she is not on any medication except eye drops ! I do envy her lots ! wrong i know but i cannot help get depressed ! thanks again Ann .Take care
    • Posted

Hi Gwen definitely change your wine from white I'm sure you'll find a difference if red is too strong rose is good but not fizzy wine , black grapes instead of white I find ok red apple not green no oranges or grapefruit, bananas are good I also take cod liver oil and glucosamine my aunt is 89 and still lives in her own home she swears by them , I used to keep a food diary and when I have really bad days I look to see what I've had that's different usually find that's the culprit anyway give it a go its trial and error I'm afraid and don't let it depress you I know at first I used to feel I couldn't have everything thing I like but to have less pain it's worth it ,good luck Ann

• Posted

Hi Ann yes i will only have rose wine if i am lucky enough to get out again ! When i ws young Mateus Rose was a favourite of mine ! I do eat a lot of satsumas as i like them but they are acidic so maybe should limit them , i love bananas and black grapes ! I take cod liver oli capsules and i also took q10 for a while ! will try glucosamine i think ! Its not so much the food part that depresses me its the awful feeling of being ill all the time and the terrible carry on with tablets ! Your aunt is very lucky ,, to some getting old is not a problem ! I somehow dont think i will be able to not take tablets but i will try , maybe try massage and acupuncture ! Pain is no fun , onwards and hopefully upwards !!! take care ,Gwen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.