Cannot Get Rabies from my Mind

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im affarid and Scared i have bad aniexty and i read a american site about pets can give you rabies i was told it wasnt in the uk but my brain wont take it of my mind someone said it was now im suffering with panic attacks i wont let my cats near me or anyone that goes near me. I cannot get a phycatric appioment there all booked i cant take living like this for much longer.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fear on rabies, cancer ,aids etc is very common with anxiety and more especially ocd. I too share this fear, I totally understand how suffocating and terrifying it feels. But please trust me, its amazingly common with ocd. Don't Google, try and keep your anxiety low, and talk to your doctor about ocd treatment. Its hard I know, but stop reading Internet stories,many are total works of fiction or half truths
    • Posted

Yeah i have ocd as well i hate this ill stay off the internet and non english sites that have these dieases
    • Posted

its always best to never ever look up symptoms online, especially with ocd - before we know it we suddenly have all symptoms for a particular problem. and no matter how much we know it isnt true - our bodies still believe it
    • Posted

Yeah im going to remove the internet from myself to take away the problem smile
  • Posted

No rabies. No need for worry, get some cat food out and make friends with your cat again !  We can fall into this horrible cycle of going over and over something that worries us. Almost always it is unproductive, unnecessary and disturbing. Knowing this doesn't stop the focus, anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. But please know it's just a trick of the mind and not reality. I got some relief from my version with Mirtazapine and then some counselling once I got my head above water. I hope you feel better soon, David.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply im going to try my best and put this behinde me im determined to get better :D
  • Posted

I too have done this sort of thing, how much of our lives are wasted in pointless worry. Try keeping a journal of how you feel on a daily basis. As you look back you will see how none of the things you worried about happened. This sounds simpl

Istic, and its not meant to sort the whole problem out but it will help. X

• Posted

Thanks for your reply im going to try what you said looking back on it i believe will help me
  • Posted

Does anyone know if Rabies really isnt in england because i really need help even though i havent looked on the internet about the symptoms im still really concerned
    • Posted

Well any answer won't put your mind at ease, it really won't. I know this because I suffer from health anxiety, and presently I have the exact same fears as you. The UK is classed as rabies free, if you were symptomatic of having rabies, then the animal would first be very I'll indeed, and most likely dead. Also you would be I'll in hospital- and I mean very ill. I know these things as fact, yet like you the ocd tells me I still may have it. Neither of us do, I promise you, even I'm countries where it's a relevant problem it is very rare, never mind in a country that has had no reported cases in nearly 100 years, any cases have been when the person has been infected abroad then came home to the UK. So no. Neither of us have it, but I know that doesn't help.  I am waiting to see a psychiatrist to help me with the ocd, if you haven't already please see a doctor or therapist to attend to the ocd, that's the real problem.  If you don't o fear you'll move from one,deadly disease to the next, that's just what can happen
    • Posted

Maybe if you tell the symptoms I and others can help reassure u that they are common with ocd and anxiety. Things like dry mouth, problems swallowing, lump in the throat, focusing on saliva production, fluctuations in temperature, headaches etc are just the tip of the iceberg for ocd sufferers 
    • Posted

Also something which nay give you temporary relief, if you had rabies symptoms,  you would be no longer living in a very quick time. You go from symptoms to hospital to a bad way in a matter of days, not weeks or months. Quarentine from a bite is 10 days, if an animal bites and is suspected then it is Quarentined for 10 days. If in 10 days the animal does not die or become very very,ill then it doesn't have it and,neither,does the person it bit

• Posted

Thank you so much i have the symptoms of ocd and i have some tablets from the doctor called propanolol hopefully they will give me some relief until i can get therapy
    • Posted

Let me know how those pills work could u please? I'm looking for some medication to help also with minimal side effects, thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.