CARERS ALLOWANCE

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI there, been through ATOS got enhanced rate of PIP dl and STANDARD mobility, been signed of work since novemer 2014, my husbad claims DLA lowest rate now as had 2 full hip repacement, he is self employed, works 16 hours a week but arranges this around times when one of my sons is home to take care of me otherwise its down to him and i would say its more than 35 hours a week coz i only sleep 3 or 4 hours a night so he has disturbed sleep as well but is always checking on me,we have recently applied for carers allowance and i was wondering how long he will have to wait for an answer is it like DWP  and ATOS lol and does anyone think that given the circumstances he will get te carers allowance.. After calculating his yearly earnings profit it works out that he earns around £77 a week. does anyone have an answer or been through simular. thankyou

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Carer Allowance is paid if the Carer provides 35 hours a week caring and earns less than £100 approx. per week. If your husbands proven income is £77pw then yes he should be entitled to CA.

However, remember the final decision is not mine

• Posted

THANKYOU ANTHONY, overall hubbies wages are 3000 a year according to tax man, do you know if  this allowance affects any other benefits as hubby gets DLA lower rate because of his hips .

any thanks

jayne :-)

• Posted

Hi Jayne

No Carer Allowance will not affect your husbands DLA and he has no require ment to inform DLA he is in receipt of CA. He would only have to inform DLA of any changes to his personal care needs.

Sometimes people have trouble getting their heads around the fact that a Spouse can also be a carer. In fact there is nothing stopping you from being his carer in certain circumstances.

Keep in mind though that from next Month all those currently in receipt

of DLA will be reassessed and asked to claim PIP instead. This process will be ongoing until 2018.

There is no 'Lower Care' in PIP so your husband will either stop getting any benefit or will be upgraded to what is now Middle and Higher rate (in PIP they are known as Standard and Enhanced)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.