Carpal tunell

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi people had an injection in the wrist 20 days ago for the symptoms of cts. Major mistake!! Am learning the mistake now whish I didn't go ahead if new, Get the injection done ultra guided, or via exray,my doctor had shafted my wrist, got a numb middle finger, electric shocks, can't even start my car because it gives me a shock in Palm, off work too, can't do gym my hobby for years in which I've competed in the game , my passion down the toilet, because of a clumsy doctor am very close to phoning Medical Injury Lawyers, waiting to see if it gets better but doesn't seem like it, have talked Jeremy Bland , who respectfully replied and had given good advice he is a consultant , so lost with this , look forward to replies .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, this is a difficult medical problem, that tons of people have.  Different techniques to help sooth, or solve this nasty cts.  Injection relieves temporaly, and I myself chose surgery.  Months of pain, but after 7 months, its gradually improving...I don't think this electric shocks will disappear alltogether, the numbness, the tiredness of the hand, the feeling of bruising....I just hope you find the way of getting some sort of relief soon!!  The surgery was VERY painfull, and afterwards for months, I was soooo depressed with the pain....but it will get better!!!  I hope this encouages you to find another way to become YOU again!!
  • Posted

If you haven't had CTS for too long, you might try 6 mg of vitamin B6 for a while.  I'm not a medical person, and just saying what worked for me at one time.  You should be an adult!  After a while it stops working.  I had surgery on both wrists but not at the same time.  I had excellent results but please not, I did not have open surgery.  From reading the reviews here I would never have open surgery for CTS.  I would be sure to find a surgeon who does endoscopic surgery, aka minimally invasive surgery.  

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi, I also have CTS in both hands, in right hand i had open surgery 4 years back, it was successful, but recovery was very slow, 8 to 10 months for full recovery. Now I am thinking for minimally invasic=ve surgery for my left hand, mosly next week, but I am not sure if it works well, as i have severe CTS. did u have minimally invasive surgery?
  • Posted

Finally!  You are the first person to tell me you will have the minimally invasive surgery for CPS.  I have had this surgery on both hands and it was excellent!   My dominant hand was done first.  The neurologist who checked me first was shocked that I had had this problem for so many years (I had it before it was invented!) and told me not to wait because I already had nerve damage.  I had the endoscopic surgery done a few weeks later.  It took about 15 minutes.  I left the surgery with lots of bandage wound around my hand, no pain, and the ability to use my fingers.  I was told to keep the bandage clean and dry, and they gave me a huge plastic "glove" to put on when I showered.  I would forget I had the bandage and did stupid things like pulling weeds, so it wasn't the cleanest on the outside.  I returned to the surgeon two weeks after, the one stitch was removed, she checked my strength and sent me on my way.  All the pain I'd had for years was gone the day of the surgery.  There is no scar you can even really seen.  Hand was fully usable in two weeks, although they gave me some warnings about lifting weights, etc.  I can't imagine anyone going through the open surgery when this exists!  (I did my second hand , which hadn't been as bad, a year later with the same results.)  Of course you need a surgeon who is skilled and has the proper equipment for this, but I would seek that person out even if I had to go to another country.  Best Wishes and praise for being intelligent about this. Your new friend Harriet.
    • Posted

Did they tell you to start massaging and exercising right after? I had openCPS just yesterday. My fingers were fine right after( just numb because of the freezing) however today my middle finger( the tip) is still numb...
  • Posted

Hi, my CTS surgery, left hand,  minimally Invasive surgery, will be on 13th Oct 2015, hope to get good results, with no scars, no stitches, not much pain, hoping for the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.