carpal tunnel

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hiya,I had carpal tunnel operation on my right hand in November 2014 and I have just had my left hand(dominant) doneSaturday 21st February 2015. and also removal of a ganglion on my wrist and also flexor synovectomy at the same time.I am pleased to say I feel really well and my last operation was less painful than the first.I am eager to hear if anyone else has had carpal tunnel and the flexor synevectomy done and what the recovery time is.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. That's great to hear you are doing well. I have had both hands done about week apart and I still have stitches in. My insurance company gave me 6 weeks reovery time. I hope that's enough. I have had zero complications so far. What is flexor synevectomy and how is your first hand doing?
    • Posted

Hi,

My right hand that was done in November 2014 is absolutely fine,I have no problems at all.

My left hand that was done in February 2015 is still a bit swollen and my wrist aches,however no more pins and needles and numbness.

When I was under general anaesthetic the surgeon realised that my wrist was inflammed and the fluid surrounding the tendon was infected so I had to have the infection removed,that results back confirmed I had severe Tenosynovitis,I was having the numbness and tingling of carpal tunnel and also severe palm pain and stiffness in my fingers and couldnt make a fist,this was both morning and evening.

I am sure the 6 weeks recovery time for you will be fine,just take it easy when you return to work.

All the best

• Posted

Oh my. I'm glad you got that looked at. My job entails heavy hand use. I guess I will just wait and see. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.