Cast off tomoro

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm getting my cast off tomorrow after torn ligaments and avulsion fracture, I'm quite nervous, will I be able to walk, will I be put in a boot, anyone have previous experience

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You will most likely be NWB for awhile, and probably be put in a boot. I know after my surgery for torn ligaments I never got a boot or anything, I had multiple casts, one being a walking cast, so it was a cast with one of those funny looking shoes to wear, and I went from that to a brace. But yeah, before I could WB it was about 4 weeks.
  • Posted

torn ligaments and avulsion typically take a minimum of 6 weeks non weight bearing...you wouldn't want to begin all over...hugs

• Posted

I got a hard cast for 6 weeks & after those 6 weeks, after my surgery for torn ligaments I never got anything more, and told to WB in maximum 2 weeks. So Before week 8 I was able to walk, although it was with pain, but it looks like movement after 6 weeks in necessary…

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.