Celebrities and prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else ever wonder why celebrities never seem to get prolapses or even leakage? I do realise they might and just not talk about it and I know some of them have c sections which lessens the risk but a lot of them have vaginal births and 6 weeks later are out with tummies that can only be achieved from intense exercise. They seem to be able to exercise, and run, and parade around in tight jeans and bikinis which would make it almost impossible to hide a pad. Singers are up on stage dancing in gstrings, models are walking down run ways in underwear, actresses are filming scenes involving a lot of physical activity.... What are they doing that makes them either never get these issues or what are they doing to be able to live so well if they do? They are just women like all of us with the same anatomy, the only difference is they have a lot of money. Is there better surgery available to rich people?! Sorry to ramble with this silly question but this has been on my mind for ages and I can't work it out lol

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Wouldnt necessarily say better surgery, just quicker!

and what about all the other ' little treatments' like lipo they could get at the same time lol.

• Posted

I still don't understand how they seem to avoid complications and live very active lives. I wish I knew some celebrities so I could ask them lol smile
  • Posted

i like your style.

just thinking about the bloat that comes every month.

you know what i've been thinking about lately.

when you get layed down for your test, be it an internal, CT scan or MRI, presumably everything goes back in place ,so how do these doctors, technicians know where your lady gizzards hang when your upright.

say for instance you've got a pooling vein in your pelvis or a very slight start of a prolapse., or even a ligament being stretched by your uterus drooping.

my mysterious condition would give me jip all day whilst on my feet but going to bed i was ok.

my symptoms have changed several times in the last 4 years with no solution so maybe i just have to wait until something drops out.

keep the faith. keeping taking the painkillers !!!

• Posted

I don't think the doctors can tell much of what's wrong if you are laying down during a test and everything goes back in place.  

I was sent for a CT scan because they think I have a hernia but results is they don't know for sure.  

• Posted

femoral hernia was on my list of theories.

apparently sometimes theres not even s lump.

is it causing you much pain?

how have they left you?

i mean whats next?

you could hope for a laprascopy.

do you by any chance have your tubes clipped.

i was convinced that my left one was causing my problems.

if i ever get the chance of a laprosopy procedure, i'll have a list long as my arm to ask them to check out.

as theres been so many cutbacks here in spain, i dont think i'll be offered any more tests so i'm back on dr google.!

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean, I had a gp tell me everything was "normal" and then a gyno tell me the back and front wall were prolapsed but didn't tell me how bad or even check my uterus or anything else, I asked to be examined standing up and he just stuck a finger in and said my uterus is fine, just do kegels. I'm now waiting to see a urogynocolist because I have bulges almost falling out of me and a hell of a lot of other problems. Honestly I'm starting to wonder if in the medical profession women are still considered second class citizens, we are just expected to put up with all these problems, and surgery seems so be dodgy and still in the experimental stage. It's pathetic. 80 year old men can get all sorts of help to get a functioning penis, women of all ages are being sent home either to just put up with it or to have surgery that seems to fail more often then succeed. Sorry to ramble again but it's frustrating and down right wrong.
    • Posted

Hi,

i can feel a small lump and lately it has caused some pain and sometimes it feels like a stretching feeling.  They told me unless it gets larger or causes pain to just watch it.  

I am scheduled for cystocele repair surgery on October 20. I have been dealing with bladder prolapse for over four years and it has gotten worse and im very scared but I need to do this for me.   

No, I never had my tubes clipped.  

Thank you and take care.  

• Posted

I think I've replied to the wrong person lol sorry I'm new here and on my mobile phone so still working out how to work things smile
  • Posted

Hi Jean

It's good to hear someone's honest opinion of surgery of this kind.  I am so down in the mouth.  Last year in October 2014 i decided to have surgery for both anterior/posterior and perineum repairs - a massive op apparently.  I'd suffered years with a bowel prolapse then 4 years ago a bladder so after much research thought it's now or never.  After my 7 1/2 week check post op was told by the professor who did the surgery 'i was good to go' could hoover, drive and have sex.  Unfortunately 1 week after seeing him i felt - you guessed a bulge which has got progressively worse and ten months later spend a good deal of the day with legs up resting because that's the only comfort i get.  I have shooting pains like never before the bulging is worst than before the op.  I did see another consultant gynaecologist in May and at my request was referred to a physio to check i was doing the pelvic floor exercises correctly.  It is so correct that what our bodies are like laying down is different from standing.  So i actually took some photos (not nice thing to have to do, i've already shown these to the physio and she agrees with me that things are'nt right and to take them to my next appt with consultant which will be soon, i'm waiting for an appt). It was suggested in May i could have another op and consider to have my uterus removed - in her words 'because you don't want to keep coming back'.  Although wouldn't be happy to lose a part of myself and especially if the problems continue - if it definitely put paid to any prolapse would consider.  I was talking to my hairdresser today and said i wonder how much money is put into research for us poor ladies with these problems and apparently there's lots of us - some never see a doctor.  I never oppose money into research of any kind but i bet we're down on the list of research - not interesting enough.  Perhaps we need to make a noise.  I live in the UK. 

• Posted

Hi. I'm so sorry you're going through all of that. Personally I feel like when it comes to this stuff women are still considered second class citizens and once we've done our duty of reproducing there's no need for us to have perfectly functioning bodies or active sex lives. We're just meant to put up with it and stay home if need be. I don't mean to sound nasty but honestly this area is so behind for the times. for something that happens to so many women you would think they'd have perfected and operation, like they have for most other conditions. I mean think about all the things they can do these days, a man can have his genitals turned into a functioning vagina for a sex change, and yet they can't successfully fix most prolaplses. Obviously no where near enough research is being done. I think eventually enough women will stand up and say nope, this isn't ok, I need to work and live an active life and have sex and have a body that functions properly. But sadly I don't think we'll see any major improvements in our lifetime. Hopefully our daughters or at least granddaughters will have a better time of it. Sorry to be so down about things, it's just obviously upsetting when my two choices in life are never have sex again (im 37), wear pads forever, be uncomfortable and in pain, or have surgery that will properly fail one way or another anyway. I hope you do get your issues sorts out, it does happen, of course there's many women out there who have had successful surgery or repeat surgery, I personally know a woman who had successful surgery over 10 years ago with no issues and all. I just wish I knew what makes a surgery successful and the rest not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.