Celiac and Diabetes ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

If when someone have celiac and diabetes both disease so banned foods

example for celiac (no eat wheat glutin and breads) and for diabetes

(no rice sugar cholcate and more foods) then how to someone can eat manage? It's means if when both have disease (celiac and diabetes) so how to food? Only vegatables ?

Hope you respond ASAP

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had to look this one up. Celiac seems to need a gluten free diet, for me Diabetes is more to lower the Carbohydrates and control the amount I eat.

Your own suggestion fits what I would recommend, and talking to your Dr about a diet.

• Posted

I someone is coeliac they would definitely need a gluten-free diet, which means no wheat, etc. If someone is diabetic they have to cut out sugars and cut down carbohydrates but there is still plenty to eat in addition to meat and vegetables. You can eat pulses (beans, lentils, etc.) You can eat rice so long as it is brown,  dairy food so long as it is low fat, couscous, etc.. I have a friend in this position and he says he has no real problems and eats a full and varied diet.

What is not clear from your post is whether you have coeliac and diabetes, or whether you just wanted to know out of interest.

• Posted

Great informtaion! I understand.

I am 28 years old and I have celiac disease by birth, I have diet gluten-free, I have never been ate wheat breads due to make me pain my stomach and vomitted too. I always diet rice vegatables fruits and meals as well.

I wanted to know if future when I will get in older-age diabetes then how to manage eat? If cut down rice then how can I eat lol ?

Hope you understand

• Posted

I know at first it feels horriably hopeless as I have dairy sensativity and serious food allergies. I also have type 2 diabetes. Gluten free foods tend to have more fats and sugars if you use store bought and is hard to find sometimes in small towns. Oriental foods help me a lot lots of veggies a bit of brown rice or rice noodles. I also use rice or tapicoa wraps looks like paper very thin are round and hard soak in hot water. Drain and put in protien of some kind and stir fried veggies with a bit of olive oil in a skillet even could add egg. Wrap like a burrito quick to make can make a dip of soy sauce and peanutbutter to dip in. For cheap protien and quick fix and cheap. It is just cutting down on amount of carbs not cutting out. I use tapicoa or corn starch for gravey because I am allergic to wheat hence rice noodles. But it is making sure you have protiens with the little bit of starches and getting your fruits and veggies I am allowed five servings together that is not as much as it sounds because if cooked is only 1/2 cup or 1raw use a measuring cup because if not use to it you could be shorting yourself BUT cherries and grapes is only 15 per serving. Can use all fruit jam. Give yourself a few months it will get easier I drink soy or almond milk. I do eat chocolate but not alot at a time I eat dark and only maybe two squares. I use fruit in salad instead of dressing sometimes mash and mix with a bit of water even a bit of applesauce is good.Oh buckwheat flour has a better flavor tha bland rice flour. My diabeties is under good control with pill. Wallmart now ha gluten free foods and can order from Amazon too.
  • Posted

Im type 1 and ive never heard of not being able to eat rice...I have not cut anything out of my diet I just keep it in moderation. I'll have a chocolate bar and take the proper  insulin, but i wouldnt binge on a bunch of sugary treats at once. As for the gluten free there are tons of gluten free products like breads and pastas out there just have to look for them so you dont feel limited.
    • Posted

My mother is diabetes and my mom told me she just low being eat rice, and also always injection insulin as well.

I have celiec disease gluten free diet by birth, if in future when I am diabetes then i will eat low rice and need eat gluten then so how can I manage? I wanted let me know before diagnosis diabetes.

• Posted

If you're diabetes type 1, Are you diet eat rice or not ? Or limited only?
    • Posted

I have type 2 diabetes, and I certainly eat plenty of rice. My dietician has said it would be better to have basmati rice or brown rice but even ordinary rice is OK as long as not too much. I do not eat any sugary foods, and have cut down on carbohydrates very much.
    • Posted

I eat rice all the time and have no problems. I've been to many dieticians and have never been told I'm unable to eat certain foods, they say I can eat what ever I want as long as I take the proper insulin for the foods I eat and keep it in moderation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.