Cellulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I have a Cellulitis Abscess in my outer ear canal, I'm on antibiotics and going through the stage where the puss is coming out. Just need some ideas of how to keep it clean and what to use etc.. Much appreciated for any help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That sounds like a weird place to get cellulitis.. I hope it clears quickly. I need a little more info to help.. If there is any crusty build up from the puss that needs to be removed it should be softened under warm water (either in the shower or with a cloth) and then a topical anticeptic or antibiotic cream or spray applied. Are you on antibiotics? You probably should be. You can probably use a sea salt solution or diluted tea tree oil solution (this stuff will sting) and a q tip to clean around the area where puss is seeping.. Cleaning twice a day is ideal.. Make sure your hands are clean before you touch your ear at any time and consider covering it if possible at night to avoid aggravation.

Other option is to see a GP or pharmacist who will be able to evaluate your ear a little better and give you a suitable product for cleaning.

Keep us updated!

• Posted

I also think so myself..I've been researching as much as I can on the internet about it but I havent seen much info on it, besides cellulitis on places such as legs or hands. Yes my doctor prescribed me Flucloxacillin 1 4 times a day for over 7 days period. Day 2 of the course the abscess has gone down a huge amount and watery yellow liquid will leak from time. It's a completely painless but when it first formed it was really sore, itchy, tender etc. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to follow up on it.
    • Posted

I'm sure it's an absess. And it's downhill from here now that it's popped. Thanks for sharing...

Ladyjack51

• Posted

Oops...I just saw your first reply to me...cellulitis just means inflammation of the skin cells...so I guess technically he can say that but it's kinda weird. I still say it's just a big pimple or zit. If you wanted to, you could call a pimple cellulitis but we usually dont. Lol...just my 2 cents. Ladyjack51
    • Posted

Apologies for not replying sooner.. Only just saw this. 14 days since, should be a lot better if not fully healed by now?

Hope it is anyway!!

• Posted

Hi sian88540,

Who told you that that is cellulitis? Sounds like just an absess that has popped. It should go away once you press all that puss out and put alittle peroxide on it so it can bubble clean and then maybe some neosporine ointment....if this is anything more than an abscess...you need to see a Dr for the best treatment. Please let us know....

Ladyjack51

• Posted

I went to my Doctor and he said it was a Cellulitis abscess, he prescribed me Flucloxacillin to take 1/4 times a day for a week, day 2 of taking them and the abscess has gone down alot. Thanks for your tip!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.