Cerebral sinus thrombosis's and hemoraging.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had migraines since my car crash in 11/2012. I've been up to a 9/10 but have never gone to the hospital for them.

In February I got the worst migraine ever. A migraine times 10. My vision was blurry with black patchiness, I could not understand how to tell time, vomiting. By the third hospital they found four clots in the sinus veins leading to the jugular viens. Brain swollen. I also had blood the size of 1/2 a tennis ball in my brain.

By the 4th hospital I was in neuro ICU and thankfully no surgery. I don't have many memories of the month long experience.

Now I have compounded issues with vision, memory, word finding, and dizziness since the stroke.

When I stand up my vision nearly goes out and I feel week to nearly fainting. Blood pressure n heart rate are fine. My neuro ophthalmologist said this could happen with my vision but the weakness?

Anyone else experience this? Calling my neuro stroke dr tomorrow.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank God I have never experienced this, but I did know of someone else who did.

They like you never went to the hospital to try and resolve the underlying issues, and sadly they paid the price for it at the age of 38, which is no age at all.

You are VERY, very lucky.

I know that you have problems, but you are still alive and long may that continue.

• Posted

Thank you. I am very blessed and extremely thankful for my functions. 38 is too young. I'm so sorry about your friend. At 44 I'm still wanting to have many more years.
  • Posted

Hi there my lovely I like you used to suffer with terrible migraines and I had the worst in Spain last year it was awful then Jan 31st of this year i was at work i had been on nights and i woke with what i thought was the start of a bad migraine so i took a couple of tablets that would normally stop all the vision problems headache etc within 15 mins nothing was just getting worse and worse it was it turned out a stroke that i was having and weirdly since the stroke i have not had another touch wood migraine since my vision is not completely returned to normal but i am getting there i wished i had been more pushy with the doctors about the migraines even A and E thought it was a bad migraine im 49 so hang in there and if you are worried about anything you stand your ground and dont get fobbed off remember The squeakiest  door gets oiled first take care xxxx
  • Posted

Was going to say also if you are on facebook there are some groups which are fantastic different strokes for younger people who have had a stroke and stroke talk for facebook they have been so helpful to me and such a great support xx
  • Posted

I've had episodes where my blood pressure drops suddenly for no reason and I black out. The BP rises again rapidly. Unless you take the BP at the moment it drops you can't really know. Have been taken to hospital on 5 occasions. The paramedics attending have monitored the BP crashing,then returning to normal. Have been admitted and given CT scans which have shown I've had a TIA (mini stroke). I had my major stroke 3 years+ ago 

All of this could cause the symptoms you describe, in particular, weakness.

I still experience memory problems, dizziness, tinnitus and struggles with finding the right words.

What medication do they have you on? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.