Cerelle Pill

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Cilest for many years and some random breakthrough bleeds last year. I've also had some pain other issues so my doctor suffered I tried a different pill and put me on Cerelle.

The first pack was fine however toward the end I stsrted getting some spotting which turned into a very heavy and long period, the worst I've ever had. Since then I have had brown discharge/old blood every single day, some worse than others. It's driving me mad. I have 10 pills left of this second pack.

I don't know whether to just stop and go back to the Cilest as I still have plenty or keep going and see if things improve. Anyone had issues with this pill? I know irregular bleeding is normal on it but it's non stop and getting me down.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the stupid spell check errors
  • Posted

hi i really feel for you I think this cerelle is a substandard pill. I don't know if I am allowed to say that, but before they sue me I will tell you, and them at some point, that this thing has caused me no end of grief. People have said that I am stressed, I am going through a divorce, yes I am stressed ! And a bad marriage of many years, but prior to starting this awful pill my periods were regular and i have nt had thrush for about ten years. My circumstances were the same, the only problems I have had have been since starting this pill/brand. Doctors say en masse to give it time, I have had two bouts of thrush and periods lasting 14 days, 17 days and counting until my doc prescribed provera tablets when it stopped on day 4 of the six day prescrip. And then I would bleed again  yes a week later on the4th I only had  week off and it is still going today plus I have thrush for the second time !  There is something wrong with this pill if not the brand itself. I will give this thing to the end of pack 4 and if I don't "settle"  will risk pregnancy at the age of 46 .| I may face the dvt and  breast cancer risks associated with taking the combined pill again or just decide to become celibate again I have nt been in a relationship for years within my crap marriage have met someone wonderful at last and the contraception available today is dire . I kind of wish I was on my own then I wouldnt have to worry about this but want to be with this man so much and cant because I am either bleeding or have thrush or both ! which i didnt think was possible  I am going to begin questioniing all brands of mini pill and their derivatives as there is definitely something going on here x x 
  • Posted

Hi I have been on cerelle since october, I gave it four months in all to "settle" but the periods became longer each time, 14 days in nov, 19 days and counting in dec, stopped only ( i think ) by the extra prescribed provera tablets. I had one week off bleeding, and am still bleeding today despite taking the provera tablets which did nothing this time, so have been bleeding since jan 14th to today feb 9th ! In desperation I went back to the doctor yet again and was told to just stop taking them as they are not suiting me. I  am not a doctor but I would never again wait as long or bleed as long ever again. I am 45 and new to contraception (long story) and am booked in to have an implant fitted next week. I stopped taking the cerelle on feb 5th and it was also my last day of the provera tablets so I am to expect a bleed this week as well even though it hasnt stopped. I have been crying and depressed about this. I would say go with your instinct and if its telling you to stop with this pill do so. I wish I had sooner. I hope I will get back to normal soon, but am terrified that the implant will have the same effect. We should not have to put up with this endless bleeding, I ve also had thrush twice in three months which I swear is down to wearing pads all the time. I feel abnormal, depressed and like a baby in nappies all the time ! It is embarassing and has killed my little confidence as I am in a new relationship and not been with anyone for years. Hope we can survive this contraception nightmare I seem to be in. I would NOT recommend this pill to anyone on my personal experience of it.
  • Posted

I’m 16 and am not sexually active (with men). I Am on Cerelle to aid my periods and have only been using it for 2 weeks, yesterday during a......sexual...... moment.... it was embarrassing because I noticed brown discharge that stained my pants.... and it’s still going today... my doctor didn’t really tell me much and I’m very uneducated on this so trying to get as much information as I can.... do you recommend I stop taking this pill? To maybe start another brand or wait it out? Because the reason I wanted this pill was that my periods were irregular and heavy and this isn’t helping it..... and is continuing to stress me out. It had only been 2 days is very light discharge but I’m trying to get opinions thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.