Cervical spondylosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could anyone out there tell me if they have had incidences of nearly fainting with cervical spondylosis. This is happening to me together with heart irregularities. It is very frightening.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret

You should probably see your docter with your symptoms there will be nerves compromised witch can give various effects witch can be quite

Concerning just take it easy and be careful

• Posted

Hi have you had a cervical MRI scan ? Fainting or drop attacks could be a sign of spinal cord compression in your neck. It is a common symptom of cervical myelopathy. I joined a Facebook Group called cervical myelopathy, all bone, joint and muscle conditions you should join as there are hundreds of people with spine problems like yours (spondylosis). They have members who are orthopaedic and neurosurgeons who will gladly try and help you.
  • Posted

Yes with pregabalin tablet or pain killer patch, and spondylosis side efact. Driving linces list possible on dizzy or black out. Or if u have high b p and possible heart problem. So need to look all your medication too. And find out why this happen. In my case epidural injaction heart bit gone so low so now they even not give me any pain killer injaction. Thanks t c mehta
  • Posted

Yes!! I have been out of work since April 24, of this year. I did faint, my husband found me in the closet. My doctor took me out of work until they found out hte problem. I had to go to the Cardiologist to rule out my heart but i did have to get put on some medication from them and I had to go straight to a Nerosurgeon to determine what was wrong and I was diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis. I had surgery in the pass on my C-4 and C-5 15 years ago. They did a disectomy but they didn't do a fusion so now im having major problems with my C Spine. My problems went from Dizzle spells, tinglling in my face/lips, headaches, neck pain, arm pain, tingling down both arms to my fingers. Not to mention my Lumbar area is also causing me problems but the Dr. Said wait until he looks at the C-Spine area first then he will deal with that later. At times this hurts so bad that I could hardly bend over to put on my sock/shoes or undies. Just sad. So i feel all of your pain Im going throught the same thing, I have had physical Therapy they told me there is nothing else they can do because it is not getting better it's getting worse on my right side. I can't straighting my arm out because of the pain and my neck only turns about 40% on one side and 55% on the other side. I can't even hold my IPhone in my right hand it hurts so bad. I drop most of the things i try to hold in the hand.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.