cfs boundaries

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone know they boundaries a 100 percent?

​am still struggling

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sicksal,

100% no, I'm not certain of my boundaries, unfortunately. I still do too much.

Beverley

• Posted

Morning sicksals; I feel I know my boundaries (that is, how much I can do without suffering the consequences); but sadly, always somehow, let others dictate to me what they need/want, and I don't follow my own boundaries, and hence "let myself down that way".  maybe this for most of us, Hey?  We do know when "something" will set us back, but we havn't learn't to say "NO"  ???                                       Bron

• Posted

Good queastion and good answer Bron.

It took me to get diseases to finally so no to people. i burned the candle at both ends for so long, it nearly killed me. Setting boundaries is essencial for health and well being. Each of us have to figure out what boundaries we have to make to be well.  

For me, I don't make apointments before 11:00AM. Ive learned that if i push myself too hard, I get flares. When I make plans with friends, there is a caviot; if I am flaring, I won't be able to go.  Sometimes I overdo it just because I am so sick of not doing things!  Today was one of them, but I had fun cheesygrin I hope I will think it was worth it tomorrow!

I think I know my boundries pretty well, it is I who pushes my me, not anyone else rolleyes its my fault!   

• Posted

I dont have a good understand with my boundries

But it can be very hard managing other people and even your own expectations of yourself

I find it hard juggling friendships and them wanting to go out and me feeling awful

I am in my young 20s and i guess from being sick maybe my values are a bit different. Eg: wanting to sit and have some quiet time, not into clubbing, would rather sit on the beach. But that could also be down to having very different energy levels to others

As for saying no i end up with quite a bit of guild from my friends and 'why has it been so long since ive seen you'

But i think its important to listern to your body and keep working out what works for you. And to really try to put yourself first even if it can be difficult.

Writing your energy levels, how your feeling and what you have been doing in the journal is what im trying to do to learn my boundries because otherwise i just keep ending up so exhausted

Wishin you lots of luck and health xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.