Chalazion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everybody

I got Chalazion 2years ago for the first time.After that I wait one year but it didn't cure. Finally I accept the surgery. But now after one year, it has came back. Does anyone know its permanent treatment?

Thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I had to google what Chalazion was first as I hadn't heard it called this before. I had something similar last year caused by a blocked meiboman gland. The advice I was given (a small hard lump had formed on my upper eyelid) was to apply a warm compress for 5 minutes several times a day as this softens the lump and hopefully will help it drain away. I found the most useful treatment was one of those specially made microwaveable eye masks - I got this from my local Specsavers opticians who recommended it and this certainly cleared the lump within a few days.

Other advice was to cleanse/ wash your eyelids regularly - I have read diluted baby shampoo but I think you would be best off speaking to your Dr first for advice in the first instance.

I'm sure further surgery can be avoided but the compress or eyemasks really work. Hope that helps and do let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Same case with me .. I went for surgical removal again but this time slight lump remained . Haven't gone since and have found no medical or natural cure that works for me.

• Posted

Hi, I had my operation yesterday to remove a chalzion, this is my third!

The doctor was very helpful and has told me to use special lid wipes that can be bought from the pharmacy, they are specially for Blepharitis which is what this is.  I just wish I had been told about these before!

I hope that helps.  Google lid wipes for Blepharitis and you'll get more info on the condition and how to help.

Doc told me NOT to use baby shampoo btw.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.