Champix and depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

3rd time quitting using champix, im 30 been smoking since i was 17 everyday 30 a day have had massive addiction problems in past alch/prescribed meds long time suffered from depression/anxiety but was  ok before using champix, only thing i had was a couple beers here and there max 12 in a week.

I stopped taking all medications(fluotixtine/zopiclone) 4 months ago or longer and felt good without them.

Starting taking champix a month ago now which is working i stopped day 10 as smoking was causing me to almost throw up. Also haven't felt so unhappy with life and everything in a very longtime i have just had my 3rd daughter shes 4 months old now and i know its only temporary this unhappiness but im going to end up losing her and my partner she just doesn't understand what im going through.

Im just angry all the time and its like i get to an even level and im a baloon it just takes one little prick and bang im raging and dont want to be around anyone as its unfair me sucking any positive right out with my negitive emotions its making me want to stop taking champix.

Ive already started taking just half mg morning and night and are wanting to stop completely but feel withdrawl from them even though they make me so sick. i attempted to drink a few beers the other night as i have major issues sleeping but ended up waking up 3 hours later vomiting my gut out. The doctor prescibed me quetiapine(seroquel) to hlp also

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

which helps sleep sometimes but sh*t time is dragging out  everyday is painful i just want to be asleep or dead you know argh nobody around me understands and i haven't got any support. Theres agruements going on between me and my partner which i would mention breifly she doesnt want me having my oldest daughter at our place because she reminds her of my x so basically i wanted to have her come stay once a fortnight and shes said nope shes going to move out. I live with her and her 3 year old daughter which we have 5 days week and 4month old. i just think its a bit unfair and i cannot choose between my kids its just breaking me heart and making me want to do somethink incredibly stupid
  • Posted

When i daughter was born i was so happy it made me want to quit any addictive substances and have a fresh start but i think champix is making me extremely messed up inside i just cannot think nor remember much. Anyone else had memory issues and confusion while on champix??
  • Posted

why can i not edit my own post i was interupted argh just want advice about these damn pills i think there good and horrible at the same time
  • Posted

Hi Nev

i stopped smoking with champix almost two years ago. I had to halve the dose about 4 weeks into the course due to nausea and headaches. I think I carried on until about week 10 but then kept forgetting to take them and stopped. Took a little willpower and a lot of avoiding temptation to stay off them. But I just kept saying to myself..Im a non smoker, so I dont smoke any more....and Why was I paying good money to poison myself?Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. You have to give yourself a huge pat on the back, youve stopped for your partner and daughter, youve conquered your other addictions, so it shows you are a strong man. Try to focus on the positives, speak to your gp about coming off the tabs if they are causing you distress, or cut down on the dosage again. I know it sounds really naff, but think about self help books, get onto internet forums about managing your emotions...doubtless there are thousands of others out there can help you, or at least you can have a good moan to them. Fight for what youve got, not literally though! Keep us posted and good luck. X

• Posted

Im trying to hold it together but my moods have pushed my partner away and shes moving now so my reasons to quit are diminishing.... but then im thinkin ive been this far why stop... now at least nobody has to deal with me thanks for your help. i dont think anythings going to help me now i got so much more stress , will probably go to my gp for more sleeping pills as i dont really want to be awake feeling like this is horrible!! thnx i need to take my mind off things at the mo
    • Posted

Youve got to go to your gp, think you need more than sleeping pills. Try to think ahead....you have stopped smoking...why start again and have to put yourself through all this agaony again, make it worth it. There is only one person can change your life, and thats you. Where do you see yourself in one year,in five years? Hopefully not having squandered hard cash on fags. Stay strong , see you gp today, think you should stop taking the champix, talk to friends.....just dont give up....think of your wee daughter. Moan away here to your hearts content. Wishing you strength, willpower and peace.
    • Posted

i dont want to go on anymore damned pills there poison sad  i just started smoking lil bit of pot rather then prescription meds had to much past with them, getting pretty panicked for a while but once i get past that im calmer and mello helps me sleep and stop thinking bad ,motivates me to think positively and keep busy thinking of building a chicken house out the back as my mum is giving a few away! >.> .  i appreciate your help debbie your a very lovely person you actually made me smile so i sincerely hope you get some good luck coming your way your awesome smile i think since ive cut my dose of champix im starting to come right... but still get sadness argh and just feel horrible i miss my family

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.