Chances of becoming pregnant naturally with pcos

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I have been diagnosed with pcos. I gained weight during the last few months.And in september my periods became irregular.As me n my hubby were trying to conceive we first thought that i was pregnant.Now anyone please tell me what diet u people followed to reduce ur weight??And what are the chances to become pregnant naturally?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey hun just seen this and thought I'd give a quick reply.. I was diagnosed with pcos 3 years ago and was told that I was pre diabetic too.. Soo I had to stop eating pretty much everything sugary..pasta bread..and changed everything else.I eat to low fat instead of full fat.. Ur weight will fluctuate anyways with having what we've got its very hard to keep weight off but on the plus side you can fall pregnant with out fertility treatments iv just found out I'm 8weeks pregnant and I haven't been on tablets or had ivf or anything.. U can ask ur doc about tests to see if u ovulate hun and you can also get tablets to help if ur not ovulating on ur own xxx
    • Posted

Oh thanks kristy for the quick reply..Happy to know that u r pregnant..congrats dear!!yeah okay i will follow up with my gyn..I have started to control my diet by avoiding sweets and pastries..And included veggies,grains,spouts,salads n all..Hope it helps to control my weight..
  • Posted

Hi there am not sure about diet as I am not over weight my self but do have pcos and my doctor told me that there is still a 40% chance of getting pregnant naturally although I have been trying almost 12months with no luck so am seeing a fertility expert next month. Good luck with everything. smile

• Posted

Hi there am not sure about diet as I am not over weight my self but do have pcos and my doctor told me that there is still a 40% chance of getting pregnant naturally although I have been trying almost 12months with no luck so am seeing a fertility expert next month. Good luck with everything. smile

• Posted

Hello. I've had pcos since 2007. I was diagnosed because my periods completely stopped. My husband & I were trying to conceive with no luck at all sad

I joined slimming world in Jan 2014, a month ago I got my 5stone award I now weigh 11st instead of almost 17st. My periods came back regular as clockwork & 3 weeks ago we found out I'm 9weeks pregnant. All happened naturally, no medication, no ivf. And all from a healthy lifestyle change.

Good luck with your journey xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.