Change in environment for periods can help relieve symptoms.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I live in South Louisiana in a city that for the most part is reclaimed swamp. My home is about 3 mters below see level. This means I live in an area that was refered to for many years after the founding of the city as the "Back Swamp".

I have allergies even while living in th higher parts of the city.

This is th observation I had in late November: I went to spend Thanksgiving with my neice in Portland OR. I was there for three days with  constant rain and temp. in the low 40's.

I caught a cold while I was there ( probably from the air circulation on the airplane) which might have agrvatied the situation.

But what happened is when I came back home was that the symptoms of my alergies and BRX (coughing, sputum production, fatigue, sinus drainge disappered for two weeks. After two weeks I was back to my coughing, etc routine.

So I talked to my doctor today and he said I need to take a lot more trips.

Has anyone else had this experince while traveling away form home?

Russ

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Russ,

Yes it true that climate has alot to do with BX I live part time here in the West Indies on the Atlantic side ,with Trade Winds everyday,so constant sea brezze which helps to clear my BX,I'm much better here then back in Conneticut ,New England as I go back to allergy season there,where I'm much worst,but no matter how I feel I always do my routine,and I'm back on the AZ which for me makes a big difference.

So my friend get on a plane and come down to the West Indies,as we all have been writing back and forth Steave also lives in Thiland and I think he has said that climate was also better there for him,as you know this site is from England and they seem to have more BX per 1000 then we do,what with that cold rain and all,so keep the faith and travel as your doctor said.

Best,

Charlie

• Posted

Charlie good to hear from you and thanks for the great feedback on Air Quality changes for  BX.

If may ask, why where you off of the AZ?

Im visiting some freinds in Williamsburg in three weeks. Sort of swampy there also, but I thinking that the allergs may be different.

Will come down to the West Indies perhaps in March. Will keep you posted. 

Russ

• Posted

Hiya,

Got off as the doctor and I wanted to see if it really made a difference and it does at the time now very little sputum,Not tired as before can breathe and also got my taste and smell back back to some kind of normal.

See you soon.

Charlie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.