Change in faeces colour to a very dark brown / almost black

Posted , 4 users are following.

**Sorry if this is in the wrong category I have no idea where to put it **

A few days ago my faeces changes from normal brown colour to a very dark brown nearly black colour. Also, a clammy fluidy mucus surrounds the stools.

My diet hasn't really changed, I had a few portions of almonds and that's the only difference really. 

Small, mild stomach aches and I never feel like I've completely emptied my bowels  for stools but other end is fine. 

Haven't gone to the Dr, don't know if I should. Not sure whether or not to look it up on the internet but n most cases, people look stuff up on the internet and idk  they come up with possible problems that hardly related to their symptoms.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also I will add that I am quite tired all the time but most days I will not be able to sleep until 5am. I thought that tiredness and not bing ale to sleep until late, could also be associated with my memory loss, headaches and mverging on depressive state.
    • Posted

Do you have heartburn burping,because it sounds like hpylori its has same symptoms
  • Posted

Hi Danny

I really hope that you will go to your physician to have some medical test done.. It really could be a number of different things..

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with having a diverticular in bowels? I would also urge go to you gp. They may test thyroid. Some antidepressants can cause stool changes worth discussing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.