Change in the weather?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 6 months post TKR on right knee. Things generally going well, though still some pain--especially when first standing up. But, there have been some days where my knees (especially the non-TKR knee) are so sore that it's nearly unbearable. I've read that the barometric pressure affects joints, but haven't ever experienced this before. Does anyone else feel that in their replaced knee? I guess I thought that having an artificial knee would protect me from that kind of vulnerability. Sigh.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not  had  a  TKR   & I always used to think the oldies in my family were  funny  when they said  they could feel the change in the weather  in their bones.   As I have  got older I am sure it is true because I ache more  when the weather is cold.

• Posted

Absolutely true...barometric pressure effects our joints because...our joints are contained within a joint capsule, an air tight joint capsule...so when the barometric pressure drops or is dropping we feel that change especially in unhealthy joints.
  • Posted

I'm 13 months post RTKR and I feel more pain in it when it's about to rain and while raining hurts more. I also ache more in the cold too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.