Changes in bowel movement - what does this mean?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in March last year. I have had one flare up in April 2015 and have been fine ever since. I do struggle with tiredness constantly. I usually empty my bowels every 3/4 days - and am usually constipated. For the past few weeks I have been having emptying my bowels every morning and then diahorea. I went to my GP who sent a letter to my crohns doctor and he has requested an urgent appointment for me. Can anyone advise if they have had similar and what it was?

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura. Have you had your b12/folate checked. Depending on where the disease is in your bowel you may not be absorbing properly. It may be worth asking?
    • Posted

Hi Louise, thanks for your comment. I get b12 injections every 3 months. I will be due the next one in November
    • Posted

Oops, I thought your name was Louise! Sorry loud noises smile

• Posted

Hi laura i can relate to to tiredness i feel most of the time i could sleep and struggle to get motivated do do things alot of the time , think thats just cause our bodies arnt absorbing everything from the food we eat ,plus our bodies are fighting themselves most of the time , my bowel movements are pretty much the same most days but can change sometimes when i start flaring so it might be that , on the plus side at least you arnt constipated atm lol , i would say your doc will do a colonoscopy to see how things are going on the inside hey , have you changed anything you eat
    • Posted

Hi jimmybrook. That sounds exactly like me!! Oh I hope I don't need another colonoscopy sad I hated it the first time I had one! No I haven't changed what I am eating at all - no matter what I eat this happens. Very strange! The doctor must think something is going on if he has made me an urgent appointment

• Posted

Gday laura ,what sort of diet do you eat , ye i dont like colonoscopy much either mainly the prep stuff you have to do day before with the drinks that taste disgusting is terrible , the actual procedure is ok hey , do you take any meds for it , i started some bout month ago but had to stop them cause of side effects,
  • Posted

Hey Laura, Is there anyway you could message me about your symptoms? I have some questions as well. I have not been diagnosed yet, still awaiting results from biopsy of 3 colon polyps, however I tend to think this is Chron's disease. hope to hear from you soon, Thanks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.