Changing med from morning to evening

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all

I have been taking my cit each morning for last few weeks but been experiencing really bad morning anxiety so Doctor suggested I try it on an evening and see if it helps so Itook my last morning dose on Thursday morning then I had to wait right till Friday eve to take my next dose as adviced by the doctor. Friday through the day I was fine managed to get a few things done and quite enjoyed my day but today it has been totally the opposite crying on and off all day ,very low mood ,no energy had a panic attack going to the supermarket had to turn back! Ican't believe the difference from one day to the next. I know its sounds daft but could it be because I have changed taking my med from morning to evening ?

jean x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean .

I have been CIT 30 for 12 months I take mine on the night about an hour before I go to bed. I also have a few beers every night.done me no harm.I sleep like a log .and feel great for it .I don't get any more anxiaty or problems with meds only that I dream a lot good luck

• Posted

In my limited experience I would say no. I have always taken my cit at night, right before I go to bed.
  • Posted

Hi Jean

i switched from night to morning with no problem so I don't think it's the switching.  Like you, the last couple of dats I have been feeling low and teary. No energy.  Not sure why this happens.  But happens it does.  When oh when will we feel better.

• Posted

Hi Jean

I had the same experience and chemist advised to change to eve. I don't have the same anxiety in the morning but am aware of the time for next doze. I feel I  want to cry but can't. They have helped at night  as I slept through the night , for the first time in years and missed all the thunder and lightning storms! Max is 3hrs normally. Panic attacks are the worst. Breathing exercises do help. 2 I use are 

breathe in slowly and hold  then repeat to yourself' (in your head, as you don't want anyone thinking you've lost it! Hopefully they just think you're taking a breather!) as you exhale slowly "this will pass" or " p-e-a-c-e"  Or  choose your own calming thought. It might sound silly but at one time I would have tried anything practical and did! It does help to the control the "flight" urges. Trying to keep a sense of humour/watching comedy shows or music also helps distract the mind. It's one day at a time but eventually you realise these feelings have subsided. Good luck and take care.

• Posted

Hi jean84704,

It could be the time change, I tried that but I just couldn't get on with them cit's after a few attempts with other meds I've happy on mirtazipine 45mg one at night. Been on them for six years butlife has improved a lot..

But you not alone having problems with that drug.

• Posted

Hi Peter

i am on 100mg of sertraline.  Did you ever try these meds.  What is mirtazipine?  Do you take it for anxiety or depression?

thks

lynda

• Posted

Whilst you're recovering on this meds your mood will be up and down.  It will level out eventually.  Mornings do seem to be the worst for a lot of people, and they were for me too.  Eventually this eased and I began to actually enjoy waking up and feeling good.

I've always taken mine in the morning and don't really think it makes any difference to your mood as to when you take it.  Try changing it though as it might make a difference.  You just have to persevere on the meds and be prepared to have a long wait ........ it will all right itself in the end.

K c

• Posted

Hi Jean,

It may just be early days for you as to whether day or night is the best time. We are all so different as Kate said, it takes time.

What is good for one of us may not be good for the other, but at least you are here and by posting anything at all however insignificant a question it may appear, you will find advice and support which you then mould to your own requirements.

One piece of advice I'll pick up on is forget about alcohol for the time being and concentrate on letting Cita do its job.

You have a ways to go before you begin to feel the benefits; then again you may be lucky and it may get to work quicker, there is no real time with this one. So, be patient remember that Cita causes anxiety to be able to treat it (that caught me out!), but after a while things will level out.

In the meantime a healthy diet, exercise out doors as we def need at least 10 mins of sunshine a day and you could looking into the benefits of B6 and D3 to boost yer vit levels which can help the old serotonin levels.

If you get up in the morning and feel like staying in bed then, stay in bed (if you can) when you feel good get up and enjoy the day ahead. Another importanat thing to do is be positive, even when yer feeling like c**p (or at least try!). When you have a good day store it and remember it when yer having a bad one because every up will eventually overide the down time.

Keep posting, keep asking, keep reading, let this "sticking plaster for the brain" do its job however long it takes and there is just one more thing to say, and that is "Welcome to the Club!" There are some great members here. They helped me and I now help those like yer self that were once like us frightened, scared and sometimes curfuddled!

I am going on 9 months in and have levelled at 40mg (although not everyone needs this much. I have levelled on this dosage and I am about to start reducing in the hope that I may or may not come off. All I know with the help here, the help of my Fiancee, a change in lifestyle and asking anything that popped into my head (and they will) I am much better and a long way from the dark place I was once hovering on the edge of.

Best Wishes,

David

• Posted

Hi Jean, Like David said it takes time to work thru our system which kinda explains the good day then not so good day the brain is receieving lots of different signs chemicals generally mixing around hence the anxiety and other thoughts, the key there is to try not worry just tell yourself its the cita working! That always worked for me as it took the fear out of the anxiety! With anything your doing chnaging dosage or anything like that consult with your doc ultimately they have the training to provide best options, we can guide you and keep you positive as we have the same issues and talking about them helps well it did for me Davids advice on here for me was literally life changing Keep us posted wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.