Changing to split dosage tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi... i was wondering if anyone has been told that they HAVE to change to split dosage (twice a day) venlafaxine tablets as the NHS no longer pays for the slow release (XR) capsule version. i have been on velafaxine 150 - 225mg XR for 16 years and have been "pretty" stable. My GP says i need to move to the tablets that have never worked for me and has actually mis-prescribed them. Has anyone else had this issue? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take 300 my at night don't now if the 150mm are slow release but by 10m I'm starting to flag.
    • Posted

Bloody spell checker. mg not mm
  • Posted

Quite a while ago I was switched to slow release tablets -VENLALIC XL - and these worked just as well for me as the Effexor XL capsules. This was on the NHS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.