Checking in from my hospital bed ....

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies just a quick update now am back in the land of the living . Have been told all went well but won't know any details till I see my consultant in the morning , got took to theatre at 3pm , in recovery at 4 back in room at 4.45 pm. Woke up from surgery feeling so cold so had extra warm blankets put on for a while , blood pressure kept dropping but is stable now . Cathetar feels ok at the minute but feels itchy down there ... Am in no pain as full of pain meds obviously , currently just having my first cuppa in 12 hours as could eat after 6.30 am this morning . Room is lovely like home from home ... Daughter and Hubby just been in to see me . I have those lovely stockings on and some more pad things over them that keep pumping up and going down lol , feels quite strange ! Was so nervous to the point of feeling sick while laid in pre op room , but the nurses talked me thru it and like you lovely ladies said it would be , all was fine ! All I can say at the minute is I've got bad back ache and am staving lol ... Will update more later xxx

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh sarah it's lovely to hear from you. Make sure you get plenty of rest tonight xx
  • Posted

Hi hun,I'm so glad all is well..I told you so.says me who was freaking out!! Now the based work begins.rest,rest and rest.lots of love.xxx
  • Posted

Sarah, I am happy you are well, the worst part has passed, now let your hubby and daughter take care of you! Hugssss! Let us know more later darling!! Hugsssss
    • Posted

Where in Spain. Ate you hun?I love Spain.our family holidays were always pueto pollensa Mallorca.😘
    • Posted

Hi welshgirl,

Puerto Pollensa is so lovely, went for the day last year, we were based at C'an Picafort just down the coast a bit.

Phyl ☺☺☺

• Posted

Yes hun its a stunning place.so quiet.its a jewel.such beautiful memories there with our children. Xxx
    • Posted

Not been to Cala D'or matron, spent the day at 'Alcudia' at the roman part of town, and headed another day to Porto CHristo to see the caves, not to be missed. But yes Major a is beautiful and the north east coast is so lovely. We have went to C'an Picafort for the last 2 years. Palma itself is lovely too, love seeing the cruise ships and cathedral is lovely.

Phyl xx☺☺☺

I'd better stop or before you know it I'll turn the forum into a holiday forum !

• Posted

I live in Madrid because both my hubby and I work here and my 6 y old little boy goes to school here...but of course I know Mallorca it's a wonderful place for holidays, I'm glad you like our country... Hugs!!!!
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

Glad to hear you've had your surgery and all is well.

Good to get it by, take your progress slow and easy, and look after yourself . It's time now for you to sit back and let your family run after you for a while.

Phyl 💖

• Posted

Well done Sarah    take it easy now and slowly build yourself back up x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.