Chest cramps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im 23 years old mother of one 16 mths old adorable and precious boy whom i love to bits..

I have been diagnosed by my gp with anxiety.

I have had 2 ecgs done with normal results and blood tests and urine test which all came back normal.

Ever since almost 6 months ago,i have been having weird sensations all over my body.

Particularly i left side where my heart is.most of the time its sharp or stabbing feeling.

Usually its just above my left ribs.or somewhere at the top or middle.

I have been having cramp feeling which is on my middle/centre chest area every morning when i wake up from sleep almost every day.its just worrying..its feel like my muscles are just sore inside.i wonder if anyone feel like this and have similar symptoms like me.

I told this to the doc and he said its anxiety.

So sometimes i just cant wrap my head around anxiety causing such physical symptoms which is very scary.

Sometimes i feel a weird sensation like as though my heart moved.

That will stunned me quite a bit and drive me straight into anxiety.

Just will like to hear of other similar experiences.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rahb

i know it is hard to wrap your head around.  It is anxiety.  Anxiety will produce all sorts of symptoms.  If you can, when this happens, just be still and let yourself feel whatever sensation you are experiencing.  You will not die, or faint.  Just be with the sensation instead of fighting it.  You will find these sensations will evaporate.  You can also do the deep breathing as well.

lynda

• Posted

Hi lynda,

Thats what im doing everyday.

But it doesnt seem to go away..like everyday its the same thing.

I just xant stop worrying about health.

• Posted

I know how you feel, I have phyiscal symtoms that I can't believe are anxiety which is what the drs keep telling me x
  • Posted

I also get this, I get sharp stabbing pain near my heart and then my breating goes funny and i get dizzy.. Or sometimes i just get a weird feeling in my chest, i cant even eplain it. I get it quite often, sometimes i can be alone, be with family/friends, or even at work. Its just something i've came to realise im going to have to deal with. I was diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety 3 years ago. And kept having anxiety attacks, but they stopped and i hadnt had one in nearly 2 years so i was a bit shocked when i started getting them again.

​I hope you are well though, take care.

• Posted

Hi tina,

The chest cramps for me has somewhat dissapear..i will have it probably for a few mins upon waking up after which it will be gone..so now i dont really have chest cramps and i have my health anxiety somewhat under control..but i do occassionally have worries about my heart but its not as bad as last time..though i do have the physical sensations like weird sensations and pull feeling around my heart area..right now im trying to convince myself its all anxiety and try to get rid of the fear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.