Chest flutter/tremor

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anybody get these like flutters/tremors in there chest for a split second, then it just goes? It never lasts more than one second, It's probably fast palpitations, or like a run of PAC's (Premature beats in a row) so i'm just wondering if any other anxiety suffers have felt something similar. I don't get any other symptoms when it happens like shortness of breath, dizziness etc, it just flutters/tremors and then thats it.

Quick background, i've had anxiety all of my life but only in the last 3 years have i felt the phyiscal symptoms of it, chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath etc etc, been to two cardioligists about the chest pain, cleared by both, had countless ecgs, 72 hour monitor, stress ecg, echocardiogram, stress perfusion MRI scan.

Thanks. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had the same symptoms and am waiting for a 24hr monitor. Please be reassured that any heart defect would 99.9% have been detected by these tests and if they're coming back normal then it is anxiety. Anxiety is a terrible thing so you have my sympathy, but try and relax and look up mindfulness because it is very effective for health anxiety / general anxiety.

All the best x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I did some small googling (Not too much, i'd only diagnose myself with some fatal disease) and the first website i came across said that these 'chest flutters' are very common in anxiety patients, as long as they only last a second or two. It said if they last more than 30 seconds then you should visit your doctor. Basically said because our fight or flight mode is out of whack because of our anxiety, our body sometimes like jolts on into fight mode but quickly corrects itsself. A mini anxiety attack i presume. 

• Posted

This is my problem with anxiety, when you do a thread about a symptom and nobody replies i tend to worry that it's not a common symptom of anxiety and that there is something wrong rolleyes hmm. 
    • Posted

I replied! Sometimes it's so common that it's been discussed a lot on here hence lack of replies. Chin up smile
  • Posted

I'm going through the same thing and it really sucks I've spent a fortune on different test and they all come out normal yet every day I am constantly checking my pulse blood pressure it's ruining my life and I'm told it's all anxiety but it seems hard to believe when it's happening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.