chest infection?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello people I would like some advice about my chest. I've had a cold and a bad chest and cough for a month now. I'm over the aches and pains and I'm now left with the chesty cough, cold and tickly throat. I just can't shake it off. I've took medicines like benylin, I've took Lemsip max strengths. I dint wana keep taking loads if things that wont work. So my question is what do I do to get rid if it. If I book a doctors appointment will he actually do anything? Any well would be great.

Kind regards

Richard

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard, sorry for your troubles but you sound like the rest of us, time will bring you back to some form of normality, whatever that is, I don't know anymore.  Your GP should become your best friend, that I have discovered in only 5mths of being diagnosed. I wil not talk about myself but hopefully give you and others some helpful hints I have put into practice. First remove all mould from your house top to bottom by using a solution of 4 drops of Oil of Cloves, folow with small amount of dishliquid and water in a spray bottle...spray directly onto mould and scrub if it returns in 2 weeks, your in big trouble. Clean all walls top to bottom regulary with the vacum, wash all curtains regulary, like once a month at less, wear a mask when in public. You can still get sick but rest is vital so as not to get fatigued. hope this is a help not just to you but others...Pamela
  • Posted

IHi Richard i think what people need to remember with any illness if over the counter remidies do not work go to your G.P.  Then if what he gives does not work do not be scared to go back and tell him ask for a referal.  I belive people do not like to be a bother its your body your life please fight for it.  And good luck let me know what happens.

Jeannie 4243

• Posted

Go and see your doctor.  There is no way that nanny of us can tell what is the matter.  If it is a bacterial infection the medics will have to identify the bacteria and then prescribe appropriate medicine,b do not rely on friendly but I'll advised advice!  Go to the experts.  That is the purpose of medicine and doctors.    The doctor may give you medicine or may tell you just to wait and see.  Either way he or she is more likely to give you good advice than random friends.
  • Posted

I know how you feel had a chest infection near end of September and lung infection end of November had a lot of pain and still am soon back to the hospital x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.