Chest keloid with steroids

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a chest keloid also, I'm a 41 year old male, this developed out of bad acne a few years ago that I just couldn't leave alone, I went for the steroids a year or so ago thinking they were the cure. Now know for fact there just a treatment(short tem), very painful and I now have a worse reoccurence redder and bigger keloid. I went back to the dermatologist with my storry and my reoccurence, his fine and brilliant first hand medical advice.... another 8 more injections should do it!!!. No thank you I said I've been down that useless road and although I thought it was great for 12 months I'm not ready for the long term affects again, still trying to come to terms with it now and the phantom stabbing pains I get from were the needles went in from time to time make me feel like I'm going to keel over.

Fact:Steroids do NOT cure keloids, all the tmedical reports makes you think they do, even some dermos think they do but I've been in contact with a top medical doctor and know that they certainly don't. The only way they would, would be if you took them forever. I think by then your body would become used to them and you'd have to have them every other day.

I've been in contact with a poor woman in Canada who has 14 keloids and has had them since she was 11 she is now 29. She has had steroids in them on a regular basis all them years, she now passes out with the pain.

She is convinced though there is a near cure out there called Cyroshape treatment, anyone ever heard of it? Its noy cyrotherapy(thats messy, needs lots of treatments and no guarantees of reoccurence). Cyroshape apparently is still only available in Israel were the equipment for it was designed. It involves a needle with nitrogen into the keloid right down to the root and it being frozen, it suppose to leave you with a flat scar, chance of skin pigmentation and a very low risk of reoccurrence.I hadn't known about it until I read her storry but now I can't stop trying to find out about it.

I know this is nothing definate but I'm looking into it so thought maybe others may want to

I can't think of taking my kids swimming now and my holiday in Spain this year is just not going to be the same(had the steroids still working last year so looked fine).

I think steriods have the same effect on keloid sufferes as heroine has on addicts, you love the short term effects and feel great, it wears off you feel bad so you go back for more, but not me not yet anyway.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Im a 33 year old man I have about 12 keloids on my chest and have just started the injections. They were a bit painful but I am determined to try something as I want to take my son swimming and am embarrased for him and myself at the state of my chest.

My biggest fear is that the keloids will get bigger and more widespread. Ive had these scars for about 12 years I guess they are old acne scars but I dont ever remember my acne being that bad.

As I say I have to try something as I am feeling realy down about it all. My wife says not to bother and not to worry but its becoming a bit of an obbsession.

• Posted

Hi Garry

Just wondering if you had any luck with the injections? im due to start them in the next few weeks for keloids on my chest.

Thanks!

• Posted

hey Garry K iam a 20 y/o girl and i have a keloid too on my chest..i havent tried any steroids or surgery for its cure yet.it makes me feel really uncomfortable.and now reading your discussion i feel more low knowing that there is no such thing yet for its complete removal..its not really a big one n it didn't appear due to some surgery or accident. so if you know anything at all for flatten it even a bit please do tell me.

and sorry for not so good english its not my native language smile 

• Posted

It is surprising that ANY doctor you consult, is not able to tell the CAUSE or REASON for getting these keloids.

they only shrug it off and say "it happens".

strange and unacceptable in the 21st century

• Posted

it is surprising that ANY doctor you go to, will not be able to tell you the CAUSE or REASON why one gets keloids. They will simply say "it happens".

If cause is not known, how can they treat it?

unacceptable and strange in the 21st Century.

• Posted

Hello Gary I just wanted to reply as it is deffiently not a fact that the injections do not work I am a beauty therapist and my husband has had 6 lots of the injections which have completely flattened and turned slightly white and not returned. After doing lots of research I have found that steroids will work but it all depends on your body, cyroshape will do the exact same thing short term affects If that's how your body works. The sad part about it is if your body fights things off like the injections then any other treatment will do also so it's not worth the money (however that's my opion and research) my husband has found the best results through the injections and followed by laser to make the keloids whiter and they now look like skin colour. Most pigmentation laser will work for this however I work with IPL so this is what he has had. 

I hope this all helps you or anyone else.

charlotte

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.