Chest pain??

Posted , 3 users are following.

***below is my post in chest pain. Since this post I hav discovered a few things: vocal cord dyfusion, ineffective esophagus immotily, small sliding hitail hernia, some acid reflex, and weak lower spinter. Could this be causeing my chest pain along with anxiety?? Help plz!! Not sure if I'm even posting thins in the right spot

Hello all,

Let me give you a quick run down. 26 year old, overweight, non smoker/drinker. I stay fluidly activfor as I get almost 25,000 steps a day. Played 4 years s of college basketball, wait gained after basketball.

Married, kids, love my job. I had a messed up child hood and have always been a person with anxiety.

About a year ago I had an episode were I felt light headed, heart was racing, left arm pain, so I went to the Er. Everything checked out. I had several more of these episodes and ended up at the er 2-3 times. Everything checked out fine. I went to a cardio doc did ekg, stress, echo, and 24 hr monitor. Everything checked out fine (a trace of a leaky value) which the doc said it wasn't a concern. That started a bunch of test, acid reflex test etc. I felt like I was losing my mind and even went to Mayo Clinic! Again they said heart was fine, put me on anxiety meds and that has seemed to help.

I still get chest pain on the lift side which tends to be in a specific spot. It feels better when I press down on that spot. Another concern is I feel short of breath sometimes but have Asma and being overweight doesn't help. Sternum also hurts with movement. Any ideas?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like reflux to me. My chest always hurts. Especially in the morning. Reflux can bring on Asthma and coughs.

Losing weight may help. I say may help as I'm not over weight and I have very small hiatal hernia and I still have reflux. Every day for 3 years now. It has improved. My main issue is at night.

I have anxiety too but not sure which can first the anxiety or the reflux. I take 10mg of lexapro and it's helped a lot but I want to come off them but I'm scared. I know if the anxiety comes back the reflux will worsen.

I think with us our bodies are always in a state of fight or flight we need to turn our parasympathetic nervous system on so we feel calmer and more relaxed. One way to do this is to meditate. You should look into this in more depth as I'm going to. Our minds play a massive part in our illnesses. Conttrol the mind and you control the body.

Hope some of this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Dom 😊

• Posted

Thank you! I am on meds which has helped greatly. I used to wait everyday to die. I take 200 of zoology and 100 mg of lam-something, Ian's 25 mg beta blocker. I know it has changed my life back to the point where it's about 50-60% normal. Still got a ways to go

• Posted

Sorry Brother, can't help you much but I do agree with dominique because I myself don't weight much but I have those symptoms plus more.   I eat healthy, gluten/sugar/soy free,dairy/grain 80% free and so on.  I have chest muscle/back/rib-cage pain almost every day.  Chest is every day now. ;-(  The day starts mild and it goes up in the afternoon to a point where most people will go to the hospital.  I did the first year 3 times, then I realize it wasn't my heart so no more hospital visits. But the last 2 1/2 years is all day long chest pain, pressure on my esophagus, lack of air really bad that sometimes goes up to my nose.  Back pain and rib-cage pain almost every day. The only way I get better is by laying down or sleep- I walk, talk or run and is activates again on the spot. ;-(  Anxiety pills don't help with the pressure or the pain but it does relax the mind so It does not get worse as for the breathing. My heart beat is normal every day. For 2 years they said it was reflux, then anxiety, then COPD, the asthma, then the neck, then the back, then a combination of all.    I do have some back and neck issues which explain the back and maybe the chest pain. But right now my main concern is the pressure with the pain on the chest and lack of air all day long.  I do not take PPI's because they did not help and my acid levels are normal. I do have mild reflux on my esophagus.  But based on what you said, it does sound like reflux. And yes, reflux and anxiety can cause chest pain and all kinds of pains. ;-(  I also have gluten sensitivity and that is why I'm gluten free.  By the way, I believe and I serve God so I'm not into yoga or some meditating.  But I do believe your mind controls just about everything including some of these medical symptoms. Even in the bible, Jesus repeated this many times "Believe"  ;-)  Just look how anxiety creates so many symptoms and anxiety is a mind condition. ;-)  What keeps my spirit strong?  Jesus!  God Bless!

• Posted

Boy you sound like you are going through hell. I really do empathise. Have you considered the nisssan op or the Linx device. That is my option if all else fails.

Hey by the way I'm a Christian and I do yoga and meditate. I don't believe we go against Jesus if we do so. But hey that's probably another forum! 😂

Christians have meditated for many years.

Dom 😊

• Posted

as for meditating yes they have, just have to be careful. ;-)  Yoga is another story and for another forum. ;- 

I'm considering Stretta therapy, but I will have to be tested again because all the test I have show mild reflux on my esophagus which is very common so they are not certain is reflux related.  Is like I tell all my Doctors, please don't tell me what I don't have, tell me what I have so I can deal with it.  Thanks God I have learned to control my fears and anxiety. ;-)

• Posted

Hi what is your name btw?

I've just googled stretta therapy. Is it a new therapy. I'm very interested in that. Do you know the success rate? Risks?

What country do you live in? I'm in Perth WA. I'm going back to my gastro soon so I will talk to him about this.

As reference to your diet, what do you eat? Do u include fruit? I've tried dropping many food groups but doesn't make great deal of difference apart from dairy and red meat. I'm def worse when I eat these foods.

God bless

Dom ( let's pray for each other ay? )

• Posted

Hi Dom,

Yes, I'm Jose.  Blessings brother!

Stretta has a very high success rate but it takes some time and not every GI does it.  This is just like an endoscopy which I had 3 so far and 1 BH bravo so is nothing new to me, and is completely safe unless you have a BIG hernia.  No risk because is just therapy, they do not leave anything inside or take anything out. ;-)  I did check and my insurance covers it which is a BIG plus. ;-)

I'm from Puerto Rico but I live in Florida near Disney. ;-)

I normally eat fruits (organic but not always), veggies (love spinach and kale), eggs, salmon, chicken (grass fed but not always) and turkey. I have at least 1 bone broth protein daily which I add more bananas and almond butter.  Yes, it was peanut butter but now that is out as well. ;-(  I was eating 100% grain free but it did not help me so right now I remain 100% Gluten free and 80% grain free. No soy and 95% no sugar.

God is the only reason I'm still here, so it will be pleasure to pray for you Dom or anyone else who will allow me to pray for them.

God Bless!

Jose

• Posted

Hi Jose

Been meaning to reply all week!

Hey Jose I'm female. So it's sister to you not brother 😂 Lol

When do you think you will have the stretta procedure? Please let us know if u go ahead and how you get on.

Your diet sounds great. I'm fighting the sugar. I don't eat a lot but I want to cut it out completely. I have in the past.

Have you raised the head of your bed?

My problem is mainly at night and I wake up with sore chest most mornings.

Have a good week Jose.

Many blessings

Dominique ( the female version)

Yes please pray for me and I will pray for you.

• Posted

Opss, I'm so sorry. ;-(

I will see my GI in a few days and ask for his advice. But he already offer me the other surgery which I rejected for now. I'm also going to see my ENT the day after I see my GI because believe what I have LRP and she can check my throat and vocal cord on the same visit.  Now, before the stretta or the fondu I will have them do another barium swallow and then another endoscopy just to make sure is reflux. 

I have a wedge pillow but I actually have no problem sleeping when it comes to reflux.

It's an honor to pray for a sister in faith, God bless!

Jose

• Posted

Hi Jose

No need to apologise and many thanks for your prayers.

I get a sore throat and my voice goes now and again, plus when I'm bad I develop a cough. Do you think I should see if I have LpR? But how does it help knowing if u have it?

I'm going to see my GI soon. Gonna make appt today.

Keep in touch

Dominique

• Posted

Yes, because treatment is slightly different if you have LPR.

You already said you have sore throat and voice comes and go.  Do you have any breathing problems?  Do you have heartburn?  Normally when you have heartburn is not LPR but not always.   Also, when you take PPI's and they don't help is another sign you might have LPR. For LPR you will need to see an ENT that deals with this and at first they will probably tell you to take double the dose of PPI's.  Now, PPI's do not cure the problem, it just makes it slightly less acidic. In my case is affecting my breathing and voice pretty bad, plus we already know reflux and anxiety can give you chest, back and rib-age pain. ;-(  I will see my ENT the 23rd and GI the 22nd. ENT can do the testing on his office but GI will have to schedule the barium swallow but is something that can be done within days at an imaging place.  

Will keep you updated

Jose

God Bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.