Chest pain

Posted , 24 users are following.

Anybody get constant chest pain and tightness 24/7?  Have had ecg's several times.  It's really getting me down.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As of a week and a half ago i had my first proper panic attacks and since then I haven't had any relief from a tight aching chest.  I do find it's a lot worse when I'm anxious though so I try not to worry about it too much (easier said than done).  Have you tried any medication at all?  Any breathing techniques or self help doesn't relieve mine, I find beta blockers get rid of my heart palpitations slightly and the chest isn't as painful.

Hope you get on top of it soon, it's horrible sad

• Posted

The good news is that heart attack symptoms are not constant. They 'move' and change in severity. I am not trying to make light of your situation, but go for a massage. You are probably stressed and maybe you don't get much exercise. Stand in the doorway of a room and put your hands on the door frame and push your body into the room sort of. This will give all the muscles around your ribcage, front and back, a good pull and stretch. You will see how much more you can breathe deeply because you have loosened up all the muscles and ligaments. Another thing I do to increase lung capacity is to run a tennis  ball up and down my back by leaning against a wall and bending my knees to run the ball up and down my back on either side of my spine. (not on the spine). It's a physio move you can do on yourself. You will be able to breathe so deeply and get more oxygen into your system and ultimately feel so much better.

It may be stress that is causing these symptoms. Is there a sharp pain on occasion? If so, 9 times out of 10 that's an indicator that your muscles are tight. Do you exercise? If not, why not start? These pains are probably your body's way of telling you it needs to get in shape. What do you think, Lupingirl?  You like lupins, I gather, so maybe gardening would be a great activity if you aren't engaged in it already! 

• Posted

Maybe check with your GP to see if you have something called mitral valve prolapse. It's not usually something life threatening but when you're stressed out, not eating right or have a lot of caffeine it can cause chest pains.
  • Posted

I do constantly! I never have any release from it and it's starting to really get me down. I constantly feel like my heart is going to stop or jump out of my chest and my chest always feels tight. I'm having regular panic attacks and it's beginning to get to the point where it's taking over my life. I'm a 24 hear old girl and I don't know what to do anymore! 
  • Posted

Hi lupingirl, I suffer with chest pains everyday, its been going on for months. It used to be just at night time but now its all day and night, its constantly on my mind that its something serious despite also having several ecgs and tests. Its controlling my life at the moment but cant seem to get rid of the pain, hope u feel better soon
  • Posted

Hello I'm really sorry to here about that. I'm 25 years old male and about 2 and a half years ago I started having bad anxiety for no reason. It stared with light dull pain in my right side of my chest. After a almost a year i notice that my chest is a lot worse. I could feel it everywhere the left side right side upper chest lower chest so I suffered like that for a good 2 years. I got E.K.G like 100 times blood test to the point they told me to ignore it I tell my friends family they think I'm crazy sad it's going on 2 and a half years and just in the past 2 months it's been worse way worse it's only on my left side ALWAYS and just recently have I been feeling a lot of pressure tightness in my upper chest left side it feels like my hearts hurting. I don't know what to do I search on the web about it at least 5 times a day. It's taking over my life I'm petrified that maybe it was anxiety and because of me stressing so bad I gave myself some type of heart problem or it's been developing that's just the beginning. I'm not going to keep going on but my left shoulder hurts my left arm pains in chest can be soar stabbing tight sometimes I push down it's soar it's everyday and I can't take it no more so I know what you mean.
    • Posted

Hi Stephen, omg I'm having the exact same thing! It's really good to know that someone else is getting in too and that I'm not going crazy. I'm going to get acupuncture to see if that will work today. Maybe it really is due to stress and anxiety and we just need to stop worrying about it. My chest/heart pain is constant, it sort of comes and goes throughout the day but I've been having it for about a year.

• Posted

Hello ive been having dull, heavy tight chest for 2 weeks now is this how yours feels?
    • Posted

I don't even know where exactly my pain is anymore it's moving around and I have strange sensations daily, it started out with dull aches and heaviness on the left which made me think it's my heart...now it's sharp aches and it feels like vibrations in my chest and abdomen. Also I have found no advice or diagnosis on this site yet, we are all just venting and miserable.

• Posted

Hi! I'm new to the forum. But I know how you feel. I am a year old female who is very active. However, I have been to the emergency room 3 times in two months. Last year I had a cardiac catheterization to look at my arteries. All clear. My ekg I was told 2 days ago is "kind of normal ". Never heard of kind of normal. But here is the thing you may want to get checked for. A bacterial infection called H Pyloria. It's a nasty bacteria that attacks the lining of your stomach and causes ulcers. My dr. Diagnosed me with it. This can cause chest pains and shortness of breath. I also suffer from acid reflux which makes matters worse. That also causes heart symptoms. I am a very anxious person but since I had a cardiologist actually tell me 2 days ago that my arteries look better than his, I feel relieved. The best thing to do possibly is to check the health of your gut. I couldn't handle the standard antibiotic treatment for H Pylori, so I'm going the natural route. Also I started my chiropractic treatments again. Your spine may be out of whack which can affect your other organs. Just a shot in the dark here. I empathize with everybody who is suffering from these feelings and not knowing an answer. So far the past two days for me have been pretty much pressure and pain free. Hope this helps.

• Posted

My problems actually started with gastritis/GERD but I had an endoscopy and they said it was clear, no ulcers and I no longer feel nauseas and I eat well. Could the pain be from the trauma my stomach went through? That was 3 months ago, or maybe they infected me with the endoscopy. Which natural route are you referring to?
    • Posted

I'm checking out Mastic Gum as it has a high success rate as far as wiping out the H Pyloria. My dr put me on the triple pack of antibiotics which made me feel worse. I actually feel better not taking the antibiotics. Now, I'm keeping a journal of triggers and what causes my chest pain and pressure. I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually hormonal. I am in the throes of perimenopause. Uggghh. Low estrogen can cause a lot of problems. Have you looked into the possibility of Costochondritis? It's an inflammation of the rib cage. That causes chest pain also. It's very good that you eat well. I'm getting rid of my bad eating habits. I know now I cannot eat chocolate and spicy food anymore. The funny thing is, I feel no pressure or pain when I am exercising( for me that's dancing). It's all trial and error at this point.

• Posted

Hey how are you this is kinda crazy but about 2 and a half years ago I out of no where got anxiety. It really ruined my life it started with pain in my left shoulder. After a year it become much worse making stabbing to dull pain everyday it happen once a day for about 10 minutes. I been to dr I lost friends, family thinks I'm crazy around the second year it got much worse it started to happen more and more and drive me crazy. Once a day I would search stuff online drive myself crazy. Now after the past 6 month it's been bad. 6 months ago it started to feel right in my upper chest it's to the point I can't work before I sleep I feel like I'm going to die I get really scared and sad. Past 3 months it's been all day mostly that tight muscle in my upper left chest it's annoying. I been working out but sometimes it don't make it hurt but it makes it worse make it spaz out or feel wierd. I'm thinking maby I'm out of shape I don't know I have other symptoms my arms wrist I get hot flashes feel nauseous I just commented because our story's are so similar my only suggestion is to try to work out. Might be good to stretch the muscles I wish you the best of luck I just want to feel Normal again I also smoke marijuana I don't know if that might cause my problem ?

• Posted

Hi Stephen I know this was a long time ago but would you mind me asking my how u are and if you got to the bottom of the pain? I’m going through exactly the same thing with severe left chest pain radiating down my arm Ive had clear heart tests so far but I’m terrified please help if you can thanks so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.