Chest Pain Anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was hospitalised in September for heart palpitations and had an ECG and 2 blood tests and a chest x ray and hey couldn't find anything wrong and discharged me.

3 weeks ago I had a bad palpitation and nearly passed out. I have a constant pain in my left chest and a lot of fullness in the chest. I have an echocardiogram and a holter test soon.

Could the pain be related to anxiety or should it be something to worry about. Please help as it is driving me crazy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Constant pain is not usually cardiac related, An A&E doctor told ny wife many years ago that 50% of patients who come with chest pain never have a reason found for it.

How is your digestion? Gerd etc. can mimic heart symptoms or stimulate the vagus nerve causing AF. 

• Posted

Hi derek. What's AF. I do have a lot of indigestion lately

• Posted

You probably have your diagnosis. I'm going for yet another Barium X-Ray on Tuesday. AF is atrial fibrilllation.

Also google for 'functional indigestion' that has many symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.