Chest Pain HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm experiencing chest pain , it's not exactly sharp pains it's more like an ache across the whole of my chest at the top , does anyone else have this due to anxiety? I suffer with health anxiety and I'm getting myself into a bit of a state thinking it must be something serious as usual.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Chest pain was my first big symtom before I ended up at hospital and found out I had Anxiety. Sometimes it was the middle of my chest, one time the right side but mostly the left side. In fact even my heart, close to my boo and close to my underarms would hurt like hell.

I'd say it's Anxiety and if you're freaked out about it then it will get worse and then you're left arm will go dead and freak you out. Even more. So I say go see a doctor if you can.....you'll get meds to ease the muscle tension. I got Diclofenac and it worked wonders.

• Posted

Yes I suffer from this. My doctors insist it is due to acid reflux. I've had an endoscopy and do have non erosive reflux. I was put on a PPI Dexilant for 3 months.. And I still get the pain, feel it in my sternum, sometimes goes to my back and spread across my chest. At my follow up my GI Doctor said I have something called visceral hypersensitivity, where basically my nerve endings in my esophagus and GI tract are "hypersensitive"... I worry about cardiac issues with any type of chest pain so to be sure I had a 48 hr haltor monitor (which was ok), blood work and echocardiogram to be done next week. But there are so many causes-- and I find that when I worry or focus on it, it becomes more intense. I recently started using a new meditation app called Calm- it's guided meditations and helps you focus on your breathing. I also use a heat pad, which helps as well. I can't take NSAIDs bc of my reflux. So I drink warm fresh ginger tea a few times a day, which can help with inflammation as well. Good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Posted

Hi Natalie, i have had chest pains in various parts of chest including recently ache across top and stabbing pains in back between shoulders. I was getting in a panic a few days ago convinced it was heart related so i know how scary it can be. I also suffer with reflux which can cause a lot pains. I try to calm my thoughts by telling myself by breathing slow and steadly and telling myself if i am not short of breath its not my heart. 
  • Posted

I constantly have the same issue. It feels like a muscle pulling close to my heart. Or a strain. And even hurts when I move certain ways sometimes. And feela like gas too. I hate it. It is so scary. Echo, wkg and 21 day monitor says everything is fine. So I have to tell myself it is okay.
  • Posted

Yes i have chest pains n back pains n i also have a stomach ulcer so i hsve been having pain all the time. Im so stressed out bout my health n i hve been feeling terrible for two weeks it is veey frustrating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.