Chest pain...please can someone assist im a white 40 yer old with average height weight. Ie 5'7 and

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi as above im white 40 weigh approx 10stone qnd 5feet 7

I have had chest pain almost daily for 18 months, when it started i was so worried i went to a and e. I have in the last 18months had an ecg, chest xray, and heart ultrasound type thing which were all normail. The pain initially started under my left reast it felt exactly like the pain was in my heart, it comes in seconds like a heat pain goes and comes back and the felt lije it was under my arm pit then today it becane more central in middle of my chest and oxcassiinalky appears to the right. I am taling 300mg aspirin per day. The pain is worse when i lay down at niggy and much worse if i lay on my left side. Sometimes if i touch i feel the pain but as position changes daily it cannt be trauma. Not sure if its relevant but i also started getting pains in my hips my ears and some individual joints mostly when i sleep and wake. Im going crazy worrying with my family history of heart disease ( males only) that this is preluding a heart attack but it does not feel like a crushing pain. I exercise by walking and jogging about 2 hours everyday but in addition im also a smoker although do not drink or eat res meat. I smoke about 10 a day for 10 years. My blood pressure is low always has been but i have in the past had a higher chloesterol about 5. Also my kidney has had a few less than perfect results although nothing concerning enough for docs to take action. How come this has gone on for 18 months and cqn anyone tell ne what yhis could be please im now desperate???

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry this is happening. Can you tell me if you have another other symptoms like fatigue? Shortness of breath? Palpitations? Headaches? Pain during exercise? Pain after exercise?

• Posted

Beezer so nice to have someone respond thank you x No major shortness of breath at all, I exercise twice a day morning and pm about an hour in morning and 45 mins in afternoon, and no more panting than you would expect. Tiredness is definitely a factor, usally around 3pm ish I could sleep for an hour but on the odd occassion I have done that at weekends I am awake later so maybe just my age. I havent noticed the pain being any worse during exercise either. No palpatations. Its the most difficult pain I have had to describe as its definitely not an ache, or a crushing pain. more a quick pain lasts a few seconds discipates and comes back. was originall under left breast then sort of move further left toward armpit and in last week can travel across the right side and today was more central. If I do have a cig I do notice it more ( i know i need to stop). Ive had ECG, paramedics did one, also had echo was normal and chest xray the only thing that was off in hospital was my blood pressure which was really really low to the point that i couldnt stand, cant remeber exact numbers but was something like 60/40, although I normal have very low pressure anyway.its starting to take over my life now and is bizaar why its worse at night when i lay down. definitely no trauma to my chest though
    • Posted

I went through similar. They thought I had pericarditis as pain was worse lying down. But turns out I have microvascular dysfunction/endothelial dysfunction. I have low BP 90/60, low HR and chest pain that can go into my shoulder blades, neck, arms and both left and right side of chest. I'm dizzy a lot- especially sitting to standing. I'm not saying this is what you have, I'm just saying it's something to keep in mind. It can affect your kidneys and cause issues in your head (blurry vision, headaches). All I'm saying to you is to advocate for yourself and be persistent. Undiagnosed Chest pain for 18 months is not normal. Good luck xo

• Posted

oh my...i have the dizzy spells passed out 3 times in a week!! thought it was low pressure. my heart rate is normal though apparently. i dont care what it is just worried I'm a walking heart attack waiting to happen..

• Posted

It could be low pressure- most likely is. Ask to try nitro spray and see if it helps pain
    • Posted

What is Nitro spray as I'm suffering with pretty much everything you've described

• Posted

its an angina spray i think Laura from what I read just now used to widen arteries to increase oxygen in blood flow.
    • Posted

Can you get it over the counter or is it prescribed by the doctor ?
    • Posted

prescribed i believe. not something you can purchase certainly not in the Uk anyway and probably not something to try without doctor supervision.
    • Posted

I think mine is more muscular as it is quite tender to touch in places especially up near my collarbone on the muscle area, it's possibly due to tension as I suffer from anxiety and I'm constantly all ball of tight nerves!!!

• Posted

Nitro is a vasodilator. Helps to open up all your blood vessels and arteries. It's mainly used for angina but can be useful in other conditions as well. It's just a med that's been around since the 1800's...and it's cheap. So maybe worth a try? You can get nitro tabs over the counter at your pharmacy or spray via a prescription from your physician. If you can recreate the pain by touching it, it's most definitely muscular in nature. Try some OTC anti inflammatories and see if it helps!

• Posted

Beezer,

Yes it definitely hurts to touch so that's why I'm thinking muscular but how and why?

I've not done any physical work which could cause it???

I've been really stressed lately with various things in my life, so I'm probably so wound up it's causing muscle ache x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.