Chest tightness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just got after one of my kids and as I yelled I got a tightness on my chest,it just came and went....that crap scared the hell out of me...I'm so tired of this anxiety!!!!my body feels stressed and overwhelmed!!I'm so frustrated!!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Muscular tension. It happens. Learn to cope. Relaxation is the key. Remember if you react to the sensations with more anxiety you'll snowball, you need to learn to relax and detach from it. It's scary yes, but you're not dying. Not even close to it. Anxiety is protecting you from nasty things if anything. So relax. Meditation etc I've told you a few times before how to cope, try doing it!
  • Posted

Its hard when you are living with severe anxiety and chasiing after kids.most likely you were not breathing correctly as you were upset.
  • Posted

Try not to worry I know easier said the done. Pain or tightness that last only seconds or minutes is.nothing to worry about. I've had pain in arm and chest for 6 months and they tell me I'm ok.

I find sometimes writing letters about how I feel and getting my suppressed emotions out helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.