Chilblains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone that has this red sore rash like on their feet" I have had what  they call Chilblains for years. Tried everything. Nothing works.  I tried equate diaper rash relief that I got at Walmarts. Really helps. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had chilblains on my feet every year for 45 years this is my second winter without them because my GP prescribed me Nifedipine (Adalat). The difference has been amazing 
    • Posted

Hi

I wonder if you have felt any side effects from Nifedipines?

My son is only 9, so I think it is scary to give him this strong medicine but I will ask my doctor. Thank you for your information.

• Posted

I wouldn't suggest Nifedipine for a child. I'm a 62 year old so it's perfectly safe for me to take it. I'm also a nurse so I know what to look for if I'm having any problems, fortunately I'm not and it's been a godsend as far as I'm concerned. Years of working on hospital wards in agony are thankfully over because after over 40 years I no longer suffer, even in the summer!
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for your answer, and I am so happy for you.

Best regards

Gry

• Posted

Dear Dan

Are you kidding?  Did a diaper rash relief helped for the chilblains?

If so, can you give me the name of the ointment.

Thank you. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.