Child Snorting Hair Conditioner

Posted , 3 users are following.

This possibly should've been posted in Child Health, but I couldn't decide which would be more appropriate.

Basically, I found my younger brother in the hallway earlier with hair conditioner in his hands, playing with it and snorting it up his nose.  He appeared to have snorted quite a bit of it, and I immediately washed his nose out.  It's been about five or six hours and he seems fine, but I'm concerned.

The ingredients in the hair conditioner are:

Aqua

Cetearyl Alcohol

Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine

Parfum

Lactic Acid

Isopropyl Palmitate

Silicone Quaternium-22

Propylene Glycol

C24-28 Alkyl Dimethicone

Diazolidinyl Urea

PPG-3 Myristyl Ether

Glycine

Stearalkonium Chloride

Glycerin

Maris Sal

Malic Acid

Alcohol Denat.

AMP-Isostearoyl

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Linalool

Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Could any of these have gotten into his blood or something?  Could they have damaged his brain?  As I say, he seems fine, but I'm worried.  Thanks in advance.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Phone 111 and ask for their help.  There is a poisons unit they can ring for you too see if any of the chemicals in the hair conditioner are potentially hazardous if inhaled.  Don't feel silly,  your brother is just a kid, he probably is ok, but you should check with people who are qualified to know.
    • Posted

just said the same as you titabeth

Call free NHS Helpline on 111, its better to be safe than sorry,

• Posted

Hi Sean,

How old is your brother?

Was he doing to to get high or Just too young to no better?

If i were you i,d call the free NHS Helpline for Advice On 111

If your in the UK that is, its best to seek professional advice & see what they think, he may be fine, but better to be Safe!!

Hope this Helps x

• Posted

Sorry to hear this... yep it can definitely do damage as all what he's sniffing is going to his brain (:

Get him to a GP as soon as possible!

He needs professional help and needs to be told how much damage he can cause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.