Child with high blood pressure.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 9 year old has blood pressure of 134/79 due to medication she is taking. Thr nurse said it is high for her age, but I am just wondering, how high is this and should I be concerned?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That is very high for a child but much depends on height and weight. How long is she going to be on the medication?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. She is average height and weight for her age. I'm not sure how long she will be on the meds, but certainly a few more weeks 😣

• Posted

Grasshopper2000...Certainly, one can understand your concern. A child with bp readings that high just shouldn't be however, at least you have an explanation that the meds are the culprit.While a Nurse is a medical professional, they are NOT doctors. I would strongly encourage you to discuss this situation with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.