Children's benadryl

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping and my doctor suggested to take children's benadryl to help me sleep at night besides my ativan and paxil 

The adult benadryl has caused me anxieties in the past and the smallest amount is the only thing i need plus i have a lot of stomach problems 

My body is so sensitive to a lot of medications i don't know what to do any more  just feel like cfrying due to lack of sleepcry

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Susan, I take Natural Calm ( magnesium) and that makes me sleep like a baby! I buy this product in the USA so I am not sure where you live but any health food store should have it.
    • Posted

I live in the USA too I will look it up natural calm (magnesium) 

Maybe i will try it thank you

• Posted

Hi Susan,not sleeping properly is hell,I ve soaking my feet with magniesium flakes and it's been helping me get a restful sleep,my eating has been so poor aswell,but two weeks ago I started drinking ta vitamin shake,it's got loads of vitamins,magniesium,soya,I was a bit sceptical at first and it's a big commitment you have to buy it for four months!! But I thought it was worth it as I was getting desperate and I ve noticed a big difference in my eating and I m sleeping better xx
  • Posted

I take trazodone 50mg.  Does the job.  Wow, this perimenopause is absolutely awful.  Good luck, I hear you .  I'm in the same boat. I never had to take anything to fall asleep.  What the hell is going ON!!!  
  • Posted

L theanine. Start at the lowest dose and slowly creep up till you find it works. 
  • Posted

My Doctor told me not to be hard on myself because I didn't want to take sleep medication, I felt like a failure.  She replied this is a tough time time in your life, you just have to get over the hump.  I hope eventually I will not have to take anything.  Looking at my life, eating properly, stress, working on my relationships and hopefully all will settle soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.