cholesterol results

Posted , 4 users are following.

helloim 18 years old who suffers from stress and anxiety.i had chest pains so i did ekg stress test echo and ofc blood tests:

total-163

HDL-36

LDL-113

VLDL-13.4

triglycerides-67

can i have coronary dissease or is my pain and dizzines anxiety related? cause i have low good cholesterol and low VLDL

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello, I am not a Doctor but I would say almost certainly your pain and anxiety is stress related, it would be a very rare thing to have any coronary disease as an 18 year old. Perhaps you could discuss your anxieties with your doctor and get some medication to help relieve your symptoms? Good luck, try to relax cheesygrin
    • Posted

thanks for anwser yes i know i have some serious issues with my anxiety but i wanted to ask is low hdl really so bad that it can cause cad even without high cholesterol
  • Posted

Hi,

I am 23 and am in a similar situation. Over the past month or two I've gathered a lot of symptoms including chest pain, and have been constantly questioning whether or not the diagnostic tests performed (EKG, echo, stress, and blood tests) would rule out CAD. As my symptoms have not improved, my doctor has put me on an anti-anxiety medicine to see if they are indeed caused by anxiety/stress or not. I'll let you know how this turns out if you like.

Do you get any other symptoms at all?

• Posted

nope i get pains near chest but i also have acid reflux and gastrit(pretty bad for 18 years old) even through im underweight and really thin
    • Posted

well actually i know that my shortness of breath and dizzines are anxiety related and i had lots of panic attacks with derealization so i already have confrimed diagnosis of anxiety with panic attacks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.