Chronic BV

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have been suffering from this dreadful chronic bacterial vaginosis for over two years now. When it first started, my symtoms were very strong. I had a fishy odor and (Warning, TMI) it would seap through some of my clothing making me smell it all the time. The discharge was also milky looking and a whitish/yellow. Anyways, I was treated immediately and my GYN initially prescribed me the oral antibiotic Flagyl. The Flagyl antibiotic did correct my symptoms, however as soon as the antibiotic was finished and I started to have sex again I would notice this smell every time after. Eventually after 2-3 GYN visits getting the same antibiotic prescribed, I treated myself with Monastat vaginally. This also masked my symptoms for a period of time, but it kept coming back. My boyfriend and I would have sex like any other couple. He had only finished inside me a couple times before, and I had this problem well in advance. Certainly him finishing inside me didn't help considering it upset the PH balance even more. Eventually my GYN prescribed me Metrogel. Initially I was told to insert it vaginally once a day for 5 days. This eliminated my symptoms for a long period of time, however I still managed to end up with BV again. I am currently inserting Metrogel vaginally twice a week for 6 months. On top of the Metrogel I used an over the counter probiotic pill once daily with the intent of gaining back good bacteria to overrule the bad. My GYN claims that if I use it enough it could completely eliminate BV from my system. As of right now, I have sex about twice a week. My boyfriend and I have a lot of sex when we're with each other (we share a bit of a distance between our towns) and while taking Metrogel I never have any of the BV symptoms. The problem is about a day or two after I have sex with my boyfriend and don't insert the gel, then the symptoms immediately return. I get a goopy, cottage cheese looking discharge due to the gel, it's completely normal. What goes up must come down. And I tend to spread out when I use the gel in that week based on when I know I'll be seeing my boyfriend so that hopefully all the gel comes out with my discharge. Excuse my ranting, but this is by far the worst thing I have ever dealt with. In the past year I've researched everything to figure out what causes it. I don't use any scented soaps in that area, I've never douched, I wipe front to back, I wear cotton underwear and I change them on a daily basis, etc. I've had my boyfriend tested, I've been tested. It's just a hopeless and continuous cycle that I can't take any longer. I've come to the conclusion that the primary cause could be the use of our saliva during sex. A little while ago, my boyfriend started to spit in my when we preform oral. I told him that he can't spit in me because his mouth bacteria is going to clash with my vaginal bacteria and ultimately increase my bacterial vaginosis symptoms. I don't want to completely rid of oral. Oral is very important when it comes to a successful sex life in my opinion, and I want to be able to have a normal sex life with oral. I am so desperate right now for some answers and soon enough I will have to return to the GYN after I finish my last round of Metrogel, even though just recently I noticed the symptoms again after going a couple days after sex without using the gel. I don't know what I'm going to be told, but I certainly do not want to live a sex life where I have to insert a gel every time after. I really encourage your input and any other suggestions you have. I've done everything to fix this reoccurring problem without harming my vagina through stuff I know will make it worse such as antibiotics and douches. Anyways, thank you for listening, and for those of you suffering from this same problem, you have my support and I hope everything works out of you. 😊

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow I feel your pain. I have 1 simple step for u if you wanna get rid of BV.

I had bv for one month and got rid of it super fast.

So I started to do research and found out that taking medications for BV won't help bcuz ur eliminating all the good and bad Bactria. So I thought what can be the best way to replace it with out putting anything up there? So as I started changing my diet and I threw away all my underwears that had BV infected already and bought 100% Cotten underwears.so now I can start fresh.

First thing I did was research foods that were very low in acidic. So I found out lemon was 2 on the PH scale.

So I thought If i balance out my ph maybe good bactira can start growing, so that's exactly what I did.

I got 1 full glass of warm water and added 1 whole lemon squeezed into the water. I did this for 3 days , that's the only thing I drank. You must drink 9 glasses of water a day to flush out all the bactira out ur body. Try drinking 4 to 5 glasses with lemon. in just 3 days I notice I had no more bv ! Since the first day I drank water with lemon I notice I didn't have discharges or a smell, the third day me and my bf had sex and BV didn't come back! I was so happy I cried. Now it's been 2 weeks and it's gone. I only drink 1 glass of lemon a day to keep good. I don't eat sugars bcuz that makes the bad Bactria get out of control. Try only eating healthy greens and taking ur multi vitamins very important vitamin C BV has a lot to do with the immune system. So try to take that once a day and folic acid 400mg I also take fish oil but u don't have too. Let me know if you try this.

• Posted

Gm you told me to use half a glass of water & half of a lemon three times a day. This is different so which method do I need to use

• Posted

It depends how bad or chronic is your BV I used half a lemon the first time. And I did that through the whole day but still drinking a lot of water
    • Posted

If ur bv is really bad then u should use a full lemon and a big glass of water
    • Posted

I tried the lemon once today. How much is a ph test?
    • Posted

But u need to do it all day it's not just once and ur done. U need to be consistent.

• Posted

Yes I know. I'm doing the second time now. I had a busy day today.

• Posted

Great! Just try to keep up and you will notice a change ! Now I only drink it once a day. I haven't had BV again. Also Drink vitamin C to boost up your immune system ?

• Posted

I notice a change already! Thank you soooo much yoyo, I'm super greatful.

• Posted

I'm glad that you saw a change ! Keep doing it for a couple days until it's completely gone. Now I only drink it once a day just bcuz I like it lol. But it hasn't come back.

• Posted

Lol I'm happy for you. I wish I'd known abt this sooner. It's so simple & it works!

• Posted

Yay!!! Keep drinking it until u feel that it's done ?

• Posted

Just want to really thank u I will be trying your method due the fact that in desperate and have five so much research and never read any advice like yours through researching. Your ideas dibs very promising and logical so ill be buying new cotten panties and throwing out the the old which I didn't think of at first but is genius! Thanks for your post will be following your regimen completely I'll let u know what happens! Much appreciation and love!

So glad I found this forum because I'm really affected by this and embarrassed as well .

-B ??

• Posted

Of course ! I'm glad I helped you ! Definitely try the water with lemon that will make bv go away for a life time ? drink a lot of water ! Like 8 cups a day. To flush out those bactira . Take vitam c for ur immune system. Drink water with Lemon so important. It will change ur life !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.