Chronic costocondritus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a major flare up the last couple of weeks. Pain in chest the ribs side to side 9/10 level I take 50mg voltaren it does it drops pain to about a 5 but never truly goes . Ii have been to dr's osteopath chiropractor physiotherapist and nobody can help me I have bought all manner of contraptions to lay on to stretch my ribs I have use ice rest heat and nothing works. I take anti depressants and I meditate if anyone can help me with this costocondritus I would appreciate your impute

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Neurontin is a medicine I take. It helps alot. My Dr prescribed. It helps with pain and anxiety. Both unfortunately go hand in hand with this condition. Also a TENS unit you can get covered through your dr helps as well. cutting down on sugar has helped tremendously with me. Inflammation feeds off of sugar. Try these. Good luck! You will get better  smile smile smile

• Posted

WHen you have flare ups, take Ibuprofin twice daily for 3-4 days. This settles mine down.
    • Posted

Unfortunately it's doesn't even touch the pain I have been taking 50mg of voltaren and a strong panedene fort with codeine tablet every 4 hours it doesn't completely go but does help ice seems to help as well as deep breathing

• Posted

Have you tried Neurontin yet?  or a TENS unit? Helps with pain and nerves as well. I take it along with my anxiety meds when its active. Good luck. It will get  better!!! Hang in there. we are all in this together.
  • Posted

Have you asked your dr about Neurontin or TENS unit? they help me alot. Im able to take neurontin with my anxiety meds as well. Hang in there. It will get better. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.