Chronic Fatigue, Dry Eyes, Hair Loss, Dry hair?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had COUNTLESS bloodwork done since I was 14 years old:

It started with chronic fatigue.  By the time I was 19, I developed dry eyes.  When I was 24ish I developed hair loss, really dry, brittle hair.  I am now 27 and all of these symptoms are a million times worse and now I have horrible anxiety.  I am positive this is all related, but every single one of my lab results are normal (including a LOW/normal ferritin of 19)....I have gotten checked for autoimmute diseases, several thyroid tests, vitamin d/b, basic blood count tests, hormones, and everything is normal.  I am convinced I have something and doctors are just clueless.  If anyone knows of what this could be/any other tests I should have done, please let me know!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for celiacs?  It is often skipped because there is no money to be had by big pharm.  Ask your doc, low iron, hair loss, i had that. rashes, loose and diffecult bathroom stuff too, and  it only got worse and worse, till I went gluten free. Lots of folks are going GF because they say they feel better, but if you have CD, you really need to be more careful then someone simply choosing to go GF.  

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

ME has caused me to have those symptoms in the past plus really brittle, weak nails but I've made improvements with herbs, homeopathy, supplements and diet. My nails are so strong now they broke a nail clipper! 

I'm going to message you the name of a brilliant book that's helping me at the moment, reducing my brain fog, giving me more energy etc.

• Posted

Hi Georgia, I was just reading your post and found it to be really interesting! I have all of these symptoms as well. Last year I was prescribed Topomax, about six weeks later became very sick. Thought it was stomach related because of diarrhea, constipation, extreme stomach pain which caused me to stop eating altogether for two months. Of course I lost 60 lbs. and became malnourished, etc...after test after test, I was the one that actually figured it out. I now make a point to read ALL side effects when prescribed a new med., not just common side effects. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue and recently Dysautonomia. My brain fog, memory and fatigue are awful!!! I would love to know if you the book you're reading would help with CF syndrome, however, although I am no longer on Topomax, I still continue to have problems with diarrhea, constipation and at times I just feel nauseous. So, maybe Celiac is something I should look into. If you think the book would be helpful for someone like me, whether I have Celiac or not, would you please tell me the name of the book and any other tips you may have to improve memory loss, brain fog and chronic fatigue? I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much! I hope you continue to feel better!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.