Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Friends?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with CFS (Even though I knew I've had it for years) and I would love to have some friends who also have CFS. Preferably living in the UK so we have the same time zone but I mainly want some friends who understand what I'm going through. Thanks 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I live in the UK and I haven't been diagnosed get but strongly suspect CFS as I have all the symptoms so I will understand your position, in fact I could do with the same thing myself

• Posted

Hi Danny how long have you been feeling like this. I gave my job up I just couldn't cope with the stress of it I only worked part time but the job was just one more stress that I didn't need having constantly ringing in sick due to fact I couldn't function. I find this quite a lonely illness I don't know anyone with it in my area I find my dr just says oh you have post viral fatigue syndrome it could take weeks / months I try and keep positive but some days it just gets to you I just feel I want more answers as to why

• Posted

Do you have Kik or another social media we could talk on? Not facebook as that is my personal account.
    • Posted

I've been feeling like this since February the first symptom was brain fog and memory loss its terrible and some days I don't know how I get through my work day and my latest symptom is shooting and stabbing pain through my body, I feel so fatigued all the time I just cant seem to see the end.

• Posted

What tests have you had done danny I don't have shooting or stabbing pains mines more of stiffness an aches it must be so hard having to try and work with all this going on

• Posted

I've had blood tests done and an MRI all were fine, but I'm not well,I have pain in my shoulders back and arms feel like dead weights, I've had a soar and stiff neck for months and months its relentless I have tinnitus 24-7 both ear's and my eye's don't like the light, my nose is partially blocked and has been that way for months,I get dizzy spells and heart palpitations I also have low blood pressure and a bpm of 52 I'm 38 years old male single, I take 15mg escitalopram but the worst thing by a mile is the brain fog and memory loss of which I have good and bad days and had before the meds.

• Posted

Oh that's awful mine started after sinitis an then chest infection then pain deep in ear shoulder n neck pain like someone pushing shoulders down then the pressure on top an sides of head started the pressure comes and goes. I feel for you, what is your next step I would ask for ct scan. And I'd ask to see a neurologist. That's an awful lot to try and cope with I wish you well and hope someone can help you ASAP 

• Posted

How are things now with you danny I have got my ct scan results and it's come back negetive so it looks as if I will be going back to drs next wk still breathless no energy whatsoever having such hard time trying to find energy to even get outside I now have weird sensation like burning in my feet I feel I need to have more tests not just ct scan 

• Posted

No change here happy for your results though. Not sure the difference between MRI and CT to be honest,I've had that burning thing too but it seems to of passed now, it doesn't happen any more. My worst symptom is the poor short term memory its so so scary, I think the most important thing is to make the most of what we have got and can do,stay up beat you can do it 😊 we will get better.

• Posted

Yes that's very true try to keep positive and take one day at a time it's so nice to be able to speak to the lovely people on here and give support to each other. I hope your short term memory improves very soon danny 

• Posted

Thank you, I find it helpful for my mood also, its so nice chatting to people who have similar issues, wishing you a speedy recovery too Royalty
  • Posted

I I would also love to have friends who also have Cfs too I'm quite new to this I've only been like this just over 3 months it seems much much longer though the only test I've been given is a ct scan which I am awaiting results for should know outcome this week I'm so exhausted it's unbelievable some days can't lift arms dizzy head pressure nausea last night I actually slept ten hours and feel as if it was ten mins my life feels completely changed and very quickly too. I can only go outside for a short walk 5 mins and I feel I could pass out this is only couple times week the rest of the time I keep in I live in uk too

• Posted

Do you have Kik or another social media we could talk on? Not facebook as that is my personal account.
    • Posted

Hi Kyra, hi royalty both, I also live in the UK - I'd be happy to chat with you both, maybe we could set up a group chat? 

• Posted

I don't do facebook I'm on twitter are you on that as we could private message on that 

• Posted

I don't now how to set up a group chat lol I'm a bit of a techno phobe 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.