Chronic gastritis , need help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had chronic gastritis for around 3 years now. at first i thought it was just that i was lactose intolerant, but then my symptoms kept getting worse and worse. I have had numerouse test done, including an edoscopy and a colonoscopy. I have been put on omeprozol, and  i have tried supllements from a natural doctor, but to no avail. I am gluten and dairy free. I stay away from all faty foods , sugers, caffinated beverages, and anything that I shouldn't be eating for gastritis. my symptoms generally include acid reflux to the point where I can't sleep some nights, ice pick headaches, which I feel are from low blood pressure, but I get them frequently through out the day and they continuously get worse as time goes on(nothing seams to help them go away). I can sometimes get a pain so bad in my upper abdomin it makes me keal over in pain. I don't take any pain killers, or medications. I tested negative for h.pylori and celiacs disease. I need help, can someone please give me some advice or just share if they've had a similar experience and what was causing your gastritis. I think once I can narrow down what's causing it, then I can better seak out a cure. Thank you very much in advance.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Have you been scanned for gall bladder inflammation, that could cause intense crippiing pain, and the headaches be part of that. It can also cause acid heartburn, suprising how many have problems with that and often do get results that show no problems. Worth checking out, good luck
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. I intend to ask my doctor about this as soon as possible
  • Posted

Your not getting the test or attention you need, switch doctors.u need full pelvis scan with contrast, how is ur stress level? U had biopsies when upper and lower completed and i assume all clear. You have pre barretts esophagus? PPI's stop ur acid but create an alkolotic environment where bad bacteria can thrive, look up candida overgrowth.
    • Posted

Thank you for you're response, at this point I am open to anything to heal my condition. I go to school full time and I work about thirty hours a week. It's very busy, but as long as I atay on top of it my stress levels are low. I did get biopsies and they were all clear. I've been getting treatment for candida for the past few months with no results, I have never been tested for it though. Thank you and if you have any other advice, I would be very grateful
    • Posted

Well it sounds like you're on the right track not many people are I just found a doctor not only beautiful but smart and thanks just like I do and the way people should. She believes in natural remedies first even though she is a internist which is great right when I explained all my symptoms she thought the same thing and also going to run all the blood tests to rule out anything else more sinister just for peace of mind and because that's what they should do. She thinks that my Candida and my stomach problems are from leaky gut syndrome and wants me on pre and probiotics of which I already am what kind of treatment have you been doing for Candida
    • Posted

I've been getting treated for candida for about 3 months now. I was put on four different supplements from integrative therapeutics and a probiotic. My doctor thinks it is leaky gut Syndrom aslo. I'm on a supplement called sililase sensitive stomach to ensure my food gets broken down completely. And and antioxidant and another one to help my cell wall. Then I take the probiotic and a fiber every night. The problem is that since I have been taking the supplements my symptoms have been getting worse. My headaches are so bad I can barely get out of bed in the morning and I really can't eat anything without getting horrible acid reflux. I hope you're having better luck
    • Posted

Ok since me and you are being treated for the same thing we need to stay in touch it's too hard to find somebody that's being treated for Candida at same time where do you live do you mind giving your cell number. Not sure you can put a phone number on this site may have to email it to me I am a firefighter paramedic in Florida so don't worry about any weirdness. I never get headaches I think it might be the fact that you're not getting enough nutrition are you getting any leg lower leg or calf fasciculations like crawly feelings in your legs at all. Can you list your meds specifically that you're taking. My doctor put me on 30 days of 100 milligrams of diflucan which is an antifungal I want to get rid of it if that's what it is fast you need also be on prebiotics the ones you should be on our the cold storage live bacteria by the doctor I think it's call or pearl can't remember right now will let you know. I'm going to try to send you my phone number on the next reply and see if it goes through you can call me anytime but I never heard of that stuff to help you digest more that makes me think it might up your stomach acids and give you more regurg. so call me if you get my number if you want. If it does not go through message me or email me your number if you want it will be a lot easier to get to the bottom of this if we can talk
    • Posted

I just email you my number or whatever they call it you should see it in your messages
    • Posted

Sorry I never got back to you, I have been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks and wasn't in contact with anyone and wasn't abble to get on this website. Anyways the reason I was in the hospital is because I had a brain tumor; it turns out that's where my headaches were comming from. everything went smoothly; I had surgery and they removed the tumor and I am now in recovery (no more headaches). when I was in the hospital however, they put me on a steroid called decadron to reduce the swelling in my brain. This steroid had more effects then just reducing the swelling in my brain however; it took away my gi problems while I was on them. I was abble to eat everything eccept dairy(which I never tried). My bowel movements became normal and I was abble to eat pretty much eveything. then as I started to wean myself off of the steroids, my gi problems started to return. This is really wierd to me; any ideas  why the steroids would have helped only when I was on them? any information would be helpfull thankyou. 

I don't have any fasciculations in my legs. I'm currently not on any meds, but I'm going to my GI on Friday and I am going to tell him what the decatrone did for me and request that I get tested for candida, that way I will know weather I actually have it or not.

• Posted

so just an update on my situation. I appologize to those of you I did not get back to, I have been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks and wasn't in contact with anyone and wasn't abble to get on this website. Anyways the reason I was in the hospital is because I had a brain tumor; it turns out that's where my headaches were comming from. everything went smoothly; I had surgery and they removed the tumor and I am now in recovery (no more headaches). when I was in the hospital however, they put me on a steroid called decadron to reduce the swelling in my brain. This steroid had more effects then just reducing the swelling in my brain however; it took away my gi problems while I was on them. I was abble to eat everything eccept dairy(which I never tried). My bowel movements became normal and I was abble to eat pretty much eveything. then as I started to wean myself off of the steroids, my gi problems started to return. This is really wierd to me, does anyone know why the steroids would have helped only why I was on them? any information would be helpfull thankyou 
    • Posted

Well, what a shock for you, so much in the body connected re health problems, but glad you got the most serious diagnosed and the essential surgery, terrible to get that, but great theyve done the op and improved a lot for you, it was all  there in your posts about the violent headaches.  Steroids can improve lots of things, and lots of systems in the body, give well being,energy,  for a certain amount of time depending on strength, l had to have a course of chemo in the past, years ago,  6 sessions in all over months, and  they always gave me a course of steroids after it, to build you up, Sorry to hear your gi probs returned, maybe fireid will reply with his news that might help. 

Anyway glad you finally got worst sorted, best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you for your concern. If you come across any information that you think would help me, please let me know
    • Posted

hi, l know there is a lot more info on the gastritus threads about supplaments and diet to help with g.i probs, hope they can advice, good luck
  • Posted

Hello its me glad to hear you are out of the hospital and had that taken care of totally separate issue I guess. My update is just had another CT of my small intestine of which I have learned a normal CT with contrast does not see your small intestine well enough so it's a separate test. Found out I have iron deficiency that's why I have been we can have the muscle cramps and pins and needles feeling in my calves. So I'm on a good whole food supplement for that. Now I waiting a fecal analysis and I believe that is the best way to figure out if you have a candida outbreak it's very hard to test for candida, i will update soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.