Chronic nausea, vomiting, weight loss, gas. Desperate for suggestions. What could be causing this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been experiencing nausea and vomiting for 4 years but it's become severe in the last year. I get nausea almost every day now and have gone off a lot of foods which A. I like and B. have never had problems with before including meat, eggs, cereals, tomatoes, cheese because they make me feel nauseous. However the nausea is not just related to food. I get it at all times of the day and there's no obvious pattern. I just know that if I eat the above foods they often make me feel worse.

Other symptoms include weight loss (more than a stone and a half in less than a year without trying to. I've dropped 3-4 dress sizes and I was a healthy weight before. I get very gassy, regularly vomit and suffer extreme tiredness.

I had a gastroscopy which didn't show anything so no GERD etc. I've had a load of blood tests including coeliac, diabetes, LFTs, U and Es and they are all clear apart from I have slightly low albumin, I've tried going without dairy and saw no improvement, I went off medications I was on to see if it was a side effect and no improvement.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what this could be? It's ruining my life and if it doesn't get sorted soon I'm going to become underweight. My BMI is only 19.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.