chronic stones.. is there anything I can do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've suffered from kidney pain since I was 12 yrs old but only diagnosed with stones in 2010 at the age of 31. Unfortunately by this point I had 6 stones stuck in my urethras and a further 6 large stones over both kidneys. Over the last 5 yrs I have had 17 laser surgeries (the most recent was yesterday) 2 pncl operations and nephrostomys. 2 shock treatments and way to many stents to even remember. I've passed 15 stones (10 whilst pregnant) and still have 4 small stones (1in my left side 3 in my right) my stones are supposidly genetic, but nobody else in my family has ever had stones? The stones are predominantly made of calcium. . I'm currently on tamsulosin and have been told to drink unsweetened lemon juice but is there anything else anybody thinks I could try??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take lemon extract in my water. And take tramadol with tylenol.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Heather.. I was told to drink a litre of diluted unsweetened lemon juice a day, but find that quite difficult on top of all the water.. I'll see what extracts I can find.
  • Posted

Carla,

I have suffered from kidney stones for years.  My urologist recently referred me to a nephrologist.  I had to complete a 48 hour urine test.  Aftere I received the results, I was informed that my problem wasd urine volume.  I was told to drink 60 ox of water a day.  He also put me on a low dose blood pressure medication (not becuase I have high blood pressure, but I'm using it as an "alternative use") to help produce more urine.  I was also prescibed potassium citrate.  I will see how it goes.  I have to do another 24 hour urine test in November.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  Good luck, but you definitely need to see a nephrologist if you havent done so already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.