chronic uticaria and angiodema

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm new to this site. My story: as of August 12/10 when I first had a morning of hives followed by a night of angiodema in my lip - I have now had many many many bouts of hives and about 5 lip angiodemas. What a nuisance. When it arrives in my lip - I can't go to work. I look deformed. I'm told it is unlikely an allergy to food. But what can be making the cells react this way to produce the histamine which leads to it all? what is the trigger? I'm now worried I will turn into another case of this lasting years and years...and getting worse and worse...are there no other answers out there? Has anyone found what was causeing their uticaria and angiodema? Hope to hear from someone. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have been having hives since 8 months now sad and i was told that it is stress that is causing that. However, i was given some food screening test to do as food intolerance may be a factor, but have not done it till now. I take xyzall 5mg evevry 2 days. Dermatologist told me its more frequent for women to develop it. Hope it will go sad
  • Posted

I also was having these symptoms. My allergist had me on mega doses of antihistamines and prednisone. The minute I finished the prednisone the hives and swelling were back. Yesterday she ordered Zantac and I thought I misunderstood her, but being at my wits end I'll try anything. Woke up this morning without one hive. Can't remember how long that's been.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.