Chronic vomitinh

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm hoping you guys can help. I've just spent a week in the hospital for vomiting and dehydration. They ran tons of blood work, did a CAT scan of my abdomen and I even had an endoscopy and other than for telling me I have a hiatal hernia and gastritis they found nothing wrong. They put me on protonix and carafe and some anti nausea medication but that's it. My white blood cells are low but they found no infections and my BP is lower than usual. Comments, experiences? I'm stressed out and am wiped out energy wise and all I wanna do is sleep but I can't because I start a new temp job tomorrow. Help. Any enlightenment from this very enlightened group will be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey sunkissed64 smile I'm not a doctor, but to me it sounds like you're experiencing a little bit of dysautonomia. I have experienced similar symptoms of vomiting, low blood pressure and feeling completely wiped. It's common for people with our issues to develop sensitive stomachs, so for me personally it's helped to cut out gluten and dairy. I would try to lower gluten and dairy and see if this helps your stomach problems and feeling nauseous. I saw a fabulous doctor who specializes in this type of autonomic dysfunction and he advises his patients to exercise daily and increase their salt intake to increase blood pressure. I know exercising can feel like the last thing you want to do, but the more you rest and avoid exercise the worse you'll feel... at least if you're experiencing what I did before with orthostatic intolerance and dysautonomia. I increased my exercise and salt intake which helped a lot and would probably be enough if I didn't work at a desk job where I sit still all day. I now take Fludrocortisone to keep my blood pressure up which has helped a lot, but if I were you I would first try exercising daily (moderate exercise such as brisk walking or something similar to get your heart rate up) and increasing your salt intake and drinking lots of water. Definitely keep an eye on your blood pressure though if you do take my advice of increasing salt. Best of luck and hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

You've described the beginning of the death of my gallbladder, except that I've always had low blood pressure. I imagine it was even lower than usual when I was in the hospital, dehydrated. (I already knew that I had a small hiatal hernia & GERD.)

My gallbladder never showed any sign of what a doctor would heed as gallbladder disease, except for the vomiting. Over time my bowel habits changed too. So just don't shut out this possibility if they can't figure it out. There is a French gallbladder diet which takes care of stones. If interested, pm me.

Exercise is always great. The protonix/nexium etc. route is only good short term. I found diet changes helpful to avoid reflux & hernia issues, also sleeping on my back. If you want more info, pm me.

My rheumo said Sjogren's killed my gallbladder. At that point, surgery is necessary. I wish I'd known about the gallbladder diet. Maybe would've helped, maybe not; I'd try anything sensible to have avoided another surgery.

• Posted

Aitarv35939,

They did an ultrasound of my abdomen suspecting gall bladder issues but they said my gall bladder was fine. I have no pain not even in my kidneys which both contain stones. I'm so wiped out emotionally and mentally. Now I'm stressing over what I know is a huge hospital bill coming not to mention a new job tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me.

• Posted

I'll keep you in my prayers.

My gallbladder never showed a detectable problem on several ultrasounds done over several years. Unexplained seemingly endless vomiting can be a sign of gallbladder issues.

• Posted

Sunkissed, have your doctors tested you for celiac disease?  I have found through research that up to 15 - 20% of sjogren's patients also have celiac disease.

• Posted

Have you been checked for autoimmune disease like celiacs? Also have you been checked for B12 or low iron?  Hope you feel better very soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.